PDA

View Full Version : shimanos new lures (wow)

bdowdy
29-10-2005, 08:14 PM
:)HAS ANY BODY SEEN OR USED THE SHIMANO LURES THEY LOOK LIKE A JACKELL CROSSRATTLIN SPOT AND COME IN A BOX COVERED IN JAPENESE WRITING . VR 77A IS THE NANE OF THE ONE I BROUGHT TODAY FOR 10 BUCKS JUST A TAD CHEAPER THAN JACKELLS AND LOOK JUST AS GOOD. BDOWDY.. ;)

DNO40
30-10-2005, 05:49 AM
And ...... Do they work ?

DNO

bdowdy
30-10-2005, 06:03 PM
:)work a treat, caught afew small bass in a mates dam today. :) ;)

yellahunter
30-10-2005, 08:11 PM
ive been told by a lot of people that they dont work anywhere near as good, but ide be willing to believe it, i get the feeling people just wana say that jackals are better because they have paid 30 bucks for them

good goin mate
;D ;D

bdowdy
30-10-2005, 09:58 PM
:)hi yella hunter, thats exactly what i think, its like berklys rattlin spot takeoffs ive used these and caught some nice cod ,yellas. any how they look the part and work, heaps of noise from the ball bearings these shimanos are pretty good. bdowdy.. :) :) :)

quinn
30-10-2005, 11:02 PM
What kind of lures are they? Any pictures?

bdowdy
31-10-2005, 07:34 AM
:)hi quin these lures are like a jackell but 20 bucks cheaper, i found mine at warwick outdoors ,fishing and camping (46613533). cheers bdowdy. 8-)

Chuong
31-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Caught a golden on one last week. I have caught more bass on cheap bibless lures than jackalls and ecogear etc. IMO doesn't matter what you tie on the end, as long as you are confident using it.

The old Shimano Orca bibless lures which look almost identical to team daiwas work really well aswell.

quinn
31-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I just found the model you have from ebay, there going for a pretty good price espesially when you compare them to jackel's. I havn't really given lipless crankbaits much of a go really, got one a while ago and lost it on the second cast. There nothing like spinnerbaits where you can pretty much pull them through anywhere. But if I can get my hands on a cheaper model I might give them another try if you think they work ok on bass.
Cheers,

Quinn.

teeka
31-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey guys
Just a quick tip with lipless crankbaits. We have found on hot sunny days around noon, that lipless crankbaits work a treat sparking the fish up. The ratle thy produce is really effective and has helped us out when the fish shutdown toward the modle of the day, giving us more fishing time. Anyway try it, you might be surprised.

T.K

bdowdy
31-10-2005, 04:00 PM
:)yep as choung said doesnt matter really what your using as long as your confident. any how quinn they work ill have to look on ebay myself. thanks teeka for the info im heading bass fishing this weekend so ill try your method out . cheers bdowdy. :) :)

yellahunter
31-10-2005, 08:22 PM
where abouts are u guys gettin the berley ones, ie seen em in mags but no shops?
how much do they seel for too??

bdowdy
01-11-2005, 08:57 AM
:)hi yellahunter the berklys you can get at big w and sell for about 4 bucks, they work ive caught plenty of fish on them. :)bdowdy

yellahunter
01-11-2005, 07:29 PM
$4 each im gunna go get some to try thanks mate

Smithy
02-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Thats all well and good but do you find yourself thinking, gee if I used an xyz lure and caught 5-10 imagine if I had used a Jackall, I might have caught 20-40. I know what I would prefer, coming into the ramp saying I whacked them and caught 40-50. You might be satisfied with 5-10. I dunno. There is no doubt the other brands of vibration minnows work but there is something about the high end stuff that turns the equation from something like 90% to 99%. The tungsten in the head and action on the drop must have a lot to do with it. I am not totally pro Jackall, I have better succes trolling lately using Ecogears and on any give day spinnerbaits and plastics can still hold their own both casting and trolling. Why not give yourself the best chance and just accept that all the best guys are using Jackalls so there must be something in it or they wouldn't be using them.

As for the original question, no I haven't use the new Shimanos but I have used the older Occas along with 3D vibes, Cultivas, Daiwa TD, Daiwa Vibration minnows, Rattltraps, Bill Normans, Rattlin Sports, Halco Tremblers, Producers, no-names, $5 bargain bin lures etc. etc. over the years and they have all worked. As an example, before Vibration minnows became really popular, Shawn Ryan (Witchdoctor from this site) bought Brisbane out of these types of lures. Easy to do because they weren't popular. This was before the BASS Pro Grand Final at Cressbrook the second year it was running. It was Easter in the lead up to the final. His boat fished the dam 11 days straight and caught over 600 Bass on every single no-name lure and name lure you could think of with not much difference between them. No Jackalls in those days and something like a proper Bill Lewis Rattltrap was a name brand thing then.

bdowdy
02-11-2005, 08:19 AM
:)hi smithy, ive just bought myself abonnie surface jackell lure and 4 new tn 50 and 60,s to fish moogerah and mooroon this weekend, but still using my old favs as well as these new jackells. i will let you all know how it goes. ill try anything to catch a few fish, may even have to dip a bait which i dont do to often, i usually cast lures, take apiccie and release. bdowdy.. :) :)

03-11-2005, 01:20 AM
I dunno about the jackalls and their different action on the drop smithy but i find with them they can be worked the slowest than any other vib out there which is their greatest plus.

quinn
03-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Why can they be worked slower? Are they lighter or full of air or somthing? Im really thinking about getting some before I go out next time, I can get some for $24 each.

bdowdy
03-11-2005, 10:25 AM
:)i picked my jackells up for 24 bucks each off ebay, and have got them for around the 20 buck mark which makes them cheap. bdowdy. ;)

04-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Its just the way they are designed mate. From my pool testing they start their shimmy vib action at the lowest speed. Most other rattlers cant shimmy at the slow pace a jackall can. In saying that, these are reaction baits and are usually ripped fairly quickly so that may not matter, just an observation. I do however really like the shimano's. Dont use the 77 but there are 66's and the dynamite 55's around. They emit a sound just as good i reckon and comparable to the exxy brands, plus their hooks are STICKY and they cost alot less. I just find the 77's abit too large and would rather throw something smaller around.

Dont get too carried away with the jackalls. One only needs to look at Fitzy's recent achievements, other methods can prove to be just as effective and hell of alot more cost effective! Would hate to see people buying a heap of jackalls think it is the answer. You still need to be able to find the feeding fish at the end of the day.

Smithy
06-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I thought the tungsten or whatever in the head made them sink differently and head first like a wounded baitfish then once on the bottom they actually stood up and didn't topple over.

Like I said, if you are happy catching 5 not using them and everyone around is smacking 50 on Jackalls, knock yourself out. Top team at the Golden Lure on Saturday got 83 fish on them. We were coming tenth with 51 fish on Jackalls after Saturday. 9 of the top 10 teams used them. Proof is in the pudding for me. Most people have been sceptics at the start. Sometimes in fishing it is wise not to question stuff too much and just go with the flow. Over many years I have learned not to be too proud and just do what better anglers than myself tell me to do and the plan is to stick to the plan.

tonyp
06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I thought the tungsten or whatever in the head made them sink differently and head first like a wounded baitfish then once on the bottom they actually stood up and didn't topple over. #

Like I said, if you are happy catching 5 not using them and everyone around is smacking 50 on Jackalls, knock yourself out. #Top team at the Golden Lure on Saturday got 83 fish on them. #We were coming tenth with 51 fish on Jackalls after Saturday. #9 of the top 10 teams used them. #Proof is in the pudding for me. #Most people have been sceptics at the start. #Sometimes in fishing it is wise not to question stuff too much and just go with the flow. #Over many years I have learned not to be too proud and just do what better anglers than myself tell me to do and the plan is to stick to the plan.

Thats good fishing smithy,

A mate just left my house on the way home, he fished the Windy comp down south, wait till the results become public, the old JAckall did very well and outfished most things once again. He was 5th in teams and the winner i think used them also.

Cheers Tony

Smithy
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
2,200+ legal fish or something between 123 fisherpeople this year in the Golden Lure! Trolling bite this year. Think Simmo and one other boat were the only ones to stay tru to the cause and cast all weekend. Trev Stead, Killer, Mike Creighton etc. all ended up trolling.

quinn
06-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Trolling is so boring I don't know how people can stand it.

bdowdy
10-11-2005, 07:44 AM
:)cuaght a few bass trolling ratlers,vibes during the last week at mogerah and for small fish they sure hit them hard. bdowdy :)