PDA

View Full Version : Club Marine Insurance

WSW
11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to share with you all my recent experience with Club Marine insurance. I had the misfortune and embarrassment of recently running aground at BP Dam with my electric motor down. The embarrassing part was that there were about 20 boats at the boat ramp who all turned around when they heard the crunch. Anyway needless to say the shaft got a bit bent and did not work properly.

I dropped my electric motor at Water Skiers Warehouse who made enquiries about getting it repaired. Later that day I was advised that it could not be repaired. They did a quote for replacement and I faxed off a claim with the quote to Club Marine insurance the next day. That afternoon I got a call from Rod at Water Skiers Warehouse who stated that the claim had been approved and that a new electric motor had been ordered. I was very impressed with the service from both Club Marine and Water Skiers Warehouse.

I can honestly say that I have never in my life received such prompt service relating to an insurance claim.

To Club Marine insurance and Water Skiers Warehouse I thank you very much.

Also, I am sure that I will never run aground with my electric motor down again.

Brad

Poseidon
11-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Well done Club Marine!!. Amongst all the stories about other insurance companies getting it wrong its good to hear about one that gets it right.

Regards Cameron.

Dannyboy
11-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm with Club and they looked after me in the same way. Quick! Well done Club.

DNO40
12-11-2005, 07:24 AM
I am with Club Marine and these stories of peoples accounts makes me feel good in the event that I ever need them.

Good stuff CM and WSW

DNO

warrior
12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
i wish they were like that with my claim,my trailer was written off due to a fault with the springs,i made my claim only to be told that they would only give me market value for the trailer,it was one and a half years old and always garaged but i only got $1000 from them ,resulting in me being out of pocket $1200 to get the same trailer or similar as i had.i will be changing to another company who insurers for the new boat value,getting half your money when you pay good money to insurer your boat is not good as we all know all the extras we put into our boats adds up and you will never be able to cover all the costs,thats why we hopefully are covered by the insurance conpanies,club marine didnt do that.

Fitzy
12-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Brad,
Good to hear a story that ernds well.

I had a major accident towing my boat a few years back. Club Marine were absolutely brilliant with their prompt support, I cannot speak highly enough of them.

2 morals to this story....

1: Use Minn kotas that dont have shafts that bend, &

2: always make sure you have insurance.

Cheers,

fitz..