PDA

View Full Version : big bass at moogerah dam(good fishing)

bdowdy
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
:)hi everyone just got back from fishing moogerah dam, its about 8 per cent and the bass are on the chew . over the last week its hard to say how many bass myself and the missis caught (hundreds). the biggest of the trip was caught by :(yes the missis)) at 45cm and 1 and ahalf kilos. the average fish about 37cm, but also caught afew spangled perch on lures and a10 pound eel that i thought i had the bass from hell. seen one good yella caught about 6 to7lb, just a awesome time . i did go to mooroon to fish one day but the missis couldnt stand the flys, but talking to the bloke at the local pub and said the were going off on fly. any how great trip with heaps of fish even if the weather wasnt good all the time. ;D ;D ;Db dowdy :)

quinn
09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you had a good time, well done catching so many fish. 45cm is deffently a good fish, but they are meant to get pretty big in Moogerah. That was funny about that eel hey. What ws the most productive lure you used?

Quinn.

bdowdy
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
:)hi quinn , the best lures for the week were rattlers , vibrations. i bought some halo vibe , ratlers of ebay and they worked a treat, nothing to get double hookups and 16 or more fish of some points,just watch out for those eels and theres some thousands of turtles which were also caught. bdowdy :) ;D

scotty
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
yer bloody oath there are flys at maroon i went ther last wednesday at 6 in the morn and i was swormed by them yep moogerah hasgood size bass and usaaly fat big eel yet to catch one wont to but dont no why just do oh well good on ya

bdowdy
10-11-2005, 07:06 AM
:)we were at mooroon on monday and as i said we just stayed alittle while because the flys were so bad,. i caught the big eels on a rattler and worms from the bank, geez they fight on bass gear :o. seen a few lying around the dam dead so a few people must be catching them. cheers bdowdy ;) :)

Herby13
10-11-2005, 10:14 AM
well done bdowdy. You loose the lure the eel took or did you brave it and get the slimy sucker into the boat? ;D

Thomas [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bdowdy
10-11-2005, 02:43 PM
:)hi herby, we were fishing off a good point and had caught about 7 bass when thump and i thought holy shit this is ahuge bass or a big cod when up came the eel from hell, dont know how big in weight but caught and weighed in a 10 pounder earlier and this fella made the tenlb look like a baby , thought it was going to break the rod but grabbed the eel with my berkly fish grips and with the pointy nose pliers grabbed the lure and ripped it out as i dont wont these any were near the boat (bloody slimy). bdowdy :) ;)

yellahunter
10-11-2005, 06:26 PM
were u in a boat or land based mate

quinn
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
ripped it out as i dont wont these any were near the boat (bloody slimy). bdowdy

krause69
10-11-2005, 07:26 PM
yeah were you land based or on a boat and where abouts on Morgrah and 8% far out needs some rain out there bad ive never fished at morgrah but hopfuly i will on the holidays so if you can give some information about it it whould be good cheers krause

yellahunter
10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
krause401 ive fished moogerah through the middle of the day and never had any luck from the bank, ive been using worms only and yeah like i said middle of the day and late arvo.

seem to always catch fish elsewhere so dunno what it is there, maybe u need a boat to get to good water

bdowdy
10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
:)hi guys i mainly fished from my tinnie which is a 10 foot job with a 3.5 tohatsu outbord and a 30lb minn kota its a qiuntrex champion , a top little boat. trolled abit but cast to the bank and caught most of my fish. the missis fished from our campsite which was on a point on the water and caught a few 40 cm bass and we pulled in a few of those big eels. it did get hot ,rainy ,windy on most days but the fishing was un real. a boat or in your case yellahunter a canoe would be fine with an electric. :) ;)

scotty
10-11-2005, 08:19 PM
YELLA PRIME TIME TO FISH WITH BAIT AT MOOGERAH IS ARVO WITH LIVE SHRIMP BEING SO LOW IT HAS ASOWM BANK ACESS NOW AT 10 PERCENT WITH ALL THE RAIN

bdowdy
11-11-2005, 07:53 AM
:)the missis caught fish from the bank with crafish and worms both early morn and arvo.bdowdy. ;)

Herby13
11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Nice job, normally the slimy little bugger's get my spinnerbait every time!

Thomas [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bigman6969
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
hey,
i went to moogerah for 3 days and didn't get a bite. How come? we went all over the dam in a boat. Can you tell me were the best spot is to catch them.
thanks

bdowdy
12-11-2005, 06:48 PM
:)hi bigman6969 when were you fishing there, iwas there from the 4th tothe 9th of nov and caught at least a hundred fish. just casting to any points and trolling with jackells, halo,berkly vibration , ratlin spot type lures. bdowdy :) ;)

Whatever
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Did you see any ski boats when you were there? Is there enough water for the ski boats?

When I was there last time at the start of the year, there were ski boats everywhere.

bdowdy
12-11-2005, 07:21 PM
:)yep there there alright >:( >:(,the dams at about 10per cent so they can waterski. underthat they cant apparently. but sat and sun there was plenty of noise and people. come monday i nearly had the place to myself. it was nice ;Dbdowdy

Whatever
12-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Cool thanks for that, might keep it in mind, only head out there during weekdays if I can.

Last time I was there, most ski boats were tubing due to the 0.5m wave been too big for sking as there were at least 20-30 ski boats there.

bdowdy
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
:)yeh mate try for week days as i had the place to myself for days except for 2 other boats. bdowdy :) ;) ;D