PDA

View Full Version : Great work by Fraser Coast Fish Stocking Assoc.

bazza_mundi
17-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Congratulations to the guys who released #the 6000 odd Barra into Lenthalls today and also those that gave up their time and boats to help. The segment on the news was great. Without the help from all of you guys the dam wouldn't be the great fishery that it is today. Big thanks also to Big Dan and Dave who collected the fish from the Gladstone hatchery.

These guys deserve more recogniton in my opininon because they are doing a great job as a non profit organisation.

Happy fishing
Josh & James

scotty
17-11-2005, 10:00 PM
good work guys

jimbolikes_barra
18-11-2005, 03:37 PM
hey josh i hope the wall does not over flow with this storm system coming through so the new barra get a chance to get established. i'll give paul a ring tonight to see when the next grading is and i'll give u a bell to organise somthing ;D

TonyM
20-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Well said Josh and James - Dan and Dave certainly do deserve a special thanks. To leave at 2am and drive all the way up to Gladstone and back without even taking a fishing rod is almost impossible to think of, yet these guys did just that so we could get the fish delivered for a reasonable cost and this allowed us to get more Barra in there!

It would be great if we could find some additional funding sources then we can focus on what we'd like to put in as opposed to what we can afford. Hopefully more people will tick Lenthalls on their S.I.P after they get a chance to hook into a few Lenthalls Barra :)