PDA

View Full Version : Monduran Barra Payback

still_water
18-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Someone told me once fishing was relaxing, Since September this year 43 Barra lures goooone,
1 $200 rod broken and today another unmentionable priced graphite rod turned into a 2 peice.
The sound of an expensive graphite breaking is like a credit card being swiped through the machine.
I don't know who got the bigger shock the Barra with 3 1/2 foot of rod tapping on his head or us trying to land a meter fish with only a Reel seat and first guide to work with.
I know who won the Battle and I really know who won the War.
FOR SALE 2 PEICE GRAPHITE , HARDLY USED {Today Anyway} Going for Half Price. A REAL BARGAIN

still_water
18-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I am having trouble posting a couple of pics , as soon as I work it out I will put them up. >:(

DNO40
18-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Hurry with the pics....... I want to see this, Trev has left me in charge at Awoonga and I don't want to make the same mistakes,

DNO

still_water
19-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I'll try again

still_water
19-11-2005, 12:16 AM
and another

darryl_l
19-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Brett,

At least you still have the rod and reel. :-? While at Awoonga I was fishing alone when after fighting a 114cm Barra in to the boat it decided to try and have a jump while in my boat. :-/ End result $400, 4 day old outfit over the side :'( :'(and Goooone foreever. Now I am in a fight with my insurance company to pay for the replacement >:( >:(

Darryl L

still_water
19-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Fortunately the reel is safe but the rod is a touch more than $400 and all I can recover are the guides. :(
This is the problem with custom built rods you pay through the nose and oe mistake it is all over. Kaaaching .
From now on the most expensive I will carry will be around $200 or if the Boss has her way $39.95. :'(

darryl_l
19-11-2005, 11:15 AM
lol didn't know you could buy fishing gear from Sollys. ;D ;D ROD and REEL combo unit $39.95 come play with barra on plasticine outfit. I'd like to see that

Darryl L

Jeremy87
19-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Haven't snapped a rod yet but when fishing the other day my friend went to take some of the fishing gear we weren't using back to the car. Came back a couple of hours later to find my gl2 loomis bent up against the roof of the hot car. Only a small bow near the tip but still straight enough to use. Anyone know how to straighten bent fishing rods?

still_water
19-11-2005, 08:27 PM
lol didn't know you could buy fishing gear from Sollys. #;D ;D ROD and REEL combo unit $39.95 come play with barra on plasticine outfit. I'd like to see that

Darryl L

Actually dont laugh , I had a client a couple of trips ago with a $50 Big W outfit and it landed 7 Barra from 75cm to 89 cm and was still going at the end of the day. Buggered if I know how but it did it. I only let him use it cause it was a present from his wife.

still_water
19-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Jeremy you could give the rod to me to look after, or maybe get a hacksaw. ;D

Try and give a rod builder a call for some info , Good Luck though.
Brett

matt_w
20-11-2005, 01:09 PM
nice fish brett have you been getting many of them through the day or just the odd one thanks matt woods

scott_b
20-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Gday still_water
# # # # #Mate sounds like that barra was lucky to get released . Eating it would be some sort of revenge. #::)
# # # # # # # # wamjam

still_water
20-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Matt we have been getting a few lately to the meter and over, unlike 2 weeks ago when they were a bit of a myth this year.
All of my meter plus fish come from day sessions as we have not run a night session yet but a few mates who have tried all hours of the night and starting at 1:00am until lunch have not produced, when they do I may think about giving up my comfy bed to go out but until then, NAH !.

Wamjam, I think he copped enough of a hiding after being belted on the head for 15 minutes with the top half of the rod. ;D
Brett

black_sheep
21-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Gentlemen,

Has anyone fished Monduran in the last few days and if so, can you give me a report (Brett)??

I've heard that the dam has turned over in the lower reaches closer to the wall but the water is still good right up near the lilly pads and that's where there are a few fish - is this the case??

This dam can be extremely frustrating at times to fish due to it's size. I only recently discovered a bay that opens out into what looks like another bloody dam. We followed it for at least 15-20 kms and it never seemed to stop - how big is this dam??? In the last 3 trips, we have changed location by up to 30 kms to try and find fish. Last summer we got fish in the bays near the dam wall. Earlier in the year we got a lot of fish right up the system. Through the end of winter and into spring we tended to get them closer down near white rocks and now I've been told they back up the system?????

I will be up there from Wed to Sun so any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks
Navi

scott_b
21-11-2005, 09:43 AM
still_water
I bet you being very productive with your half of the rod aswell.
wamjam