PDA

View Full Version : Shimano rods and reels

krause69
23-11-2005, 05:18 PM
hey guys i am buying a Stradic ST 2500 FH on the holidays for Bass bream and flathead mainly those type of fish and looking between the shimano Tcurve series or the Xcel Weapon Series one of there spining rods and wanted to know what the differance is the specs price ect....

Cheers Krause

Jeremy87
24-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Over $200 for a t curve. much cheaper for an xcel weapon. Just rember that because you are getting a shimano reel doesn't mean you have to get a shimano rod. There are plenty of other rod brands who make quality rods for a good price aswell. anyway try the shimano web site for more info on shimano rods and reels.
http://www.shimanofish.com.au/

krause69
24-11-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah mate beenon it and carnt malke my mind up and i know about others rods but i like these 2 types so which do you think is better and what is the price of the Xcel weapon cheers krause

Jeremy87
24-11-2005, 10:48 PM
xcel weapons are probably under $100 (don't know cause they're not at work). T curves are pretty nice rods. They're main selling point are the fuji sic guides. If you are running braid you should have a minimum of alconite guies as anything less ruff's the line up too much. i am a big fan of the pflueger trion series spin and baitcasting rods. Seem the have a better blank the berkley drop shot rods (which have a fin blank which seems fragile) aswell as alconite guides for around $100. Onlt thing i don't like about the tcurves are that the fore grips twist down to act as the clamp for the reel seat. constant casting and flicking of plastics tend the loosen the reel. I also like the live fibre lightning rods except they only have fuji o series guides making the a little expensive when compared to other brands.

fishomatic
25-11-2005, 08:35 AM
did you consider getting a rod built for you?
Matt

krause69
25-11-2005, 01:16 PM
na fishomatic dont think i will either but Jeremey what is the price of the pflueger trion series spin and the spec on it like the what pund line is good for it and is it strong because i will be doing alot of bass fishing and salt water fish with it cheers krause

krause69
25-11-2005, 01:22 PM
And where is the best spot to buy them mate cause i dont what to get yet maybe a sick stick pro cheers krause

Jeremy87
25-11-2005, 06:20 PM
The trions are at bcf for $99 dollars and come in a 6', 6'6" and 7' model in a 2-4kg line class. We are a bit short of them at them moment (because they have been popular sellers) but other stores should have them aswell for a similar price.