PDA

View Full Version : Jackalls for BP ???

craigie
24-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Heading up to BP Dam next week, plan to purchase a couple of Jackell lures for the trip.

Could someone please inform me which Jackall (style or colour) has fired in this impoundment in recent times ??

Many Thanks

Craigie.

WSW
24-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Hey Craigie

My suggestion would be to wait until you get to BP Dam and go and see Matt Mott at the Cafe. He stocks all the colors that will work.

Having said that though HL Gold is a winner at BP Dam.

I will be going to BP on Monday & Tuesday for a fish. Hopefully they will still be firing.

Look for a 475 Quintrex with Water Skiers Warehouse on the side and come and say hello.

Brad

Smithy
24-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Ayu and Ghost Wakasashi are the two old stand by BASSPro favourites.

matt_w
24-11-2005, 05:35 PM
nearly all of them work all you need to knoe is where and how to work them but the hl gold is a good producing lure

warrior
24-11-2005, 07:22 PM
smithy have you fished bp in the last couple of weeks or heard any reports

Rob_Bartlett
24-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Guys BP is fishing really well at the moment as the results from the Golden Lure show. Virtually anywhere along the old creek bed edges have been working for me. From down near the wall to up past bass point the fish have been really aggressive, hitting jackalls both cast and trolled, spinnerbaits and sliders. My best fish have been coming on the sliders but thats mainly because I prefer to locate a school and then target them with plastics on 4lb line.

Slip in and see Motty when you arrive at the dam and I'm sure he'll help you out with as many jackalls and other lures as you wish him to sell you. Whatever he recommends is defintely worth listening to.

Finally got my first 50+cm bass on tuesday so am pretty happy and can't wait to hit the water again, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday. Just wish the dam would fish this well in a Basspro event.

Definitely recommend the 2 jackalls Smithy pointed out with the ayu being my first choice on most trips.

Rob Bartlett

Herby13
25-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah ayu and the ghost are working great thats all we used all BP golden lure.

Thomas

WSW
26-11-2005, 07:16 AM
If the dam is fishing as good as it did during the Golden Lure then just about any color will work. My daughter Tristen used the 'Hasu' color for the weekend and caught over 11 metres of legal bass. (Many more undersized) I would also consider SMAK spinnerbaits as well, both trolled and cast & retrieved. SMAK spinnerbaits caught many metres of bass during the comp.

Brad

krause69
28-11-2005, 12:23 PM
yeah on this subjest im looking to buy some jakells and theam daiwa ones but what is the right sizes and colors for bass cheers krause