PDA

View Full Version : redclaw

ssab1
27-11-2005, 03:05 PM
went to samsonvale sat night 2buckets of redclaw averaging 150grams each.hardwork mountain goat country near dam wall.at this stage theyre partial to gar.but will no doubt change their diet . mainly all males old and dirty id say looking for a mate judging by the war wounds some carried.does any body know if any are starting at big w im to bloody old for this mountain climbing. ;D ;D ;D

krause69
28-11-2005, 12:20 PM
sounds like some good red claw well done cheers krause :)

Louis
28-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately they are non excistent at Wivenhoe at the moment.

But Fork tailed catfish are in plague proportions if you want to try for them.

With the redclaw: they won't be on in Wivenhoe again untill the rains make the "Tide" come back in.

Hope this helps

Louis

ssab1
29-11-2005, 06:09 PM
thanks louis its just a couple years ago you could easily catch a feed then all the sudden theyre gone.i used to go regular when billies bay had acess but on closure started bassing and redclawing out of logans. heaps of good bass50+ and 2kilos(winter time) afew summer yellas mixed with a hundred or more catties,tilapia by the dozen but no redclaw yet heaps of good longarmed shrimp,got me stumped ,would think shrimp and redclaw would be in same area.have a 11 6 stessel 30 minkota and 3 deep cycle batteries so have done heaps of looking.if anyone can shed light on any redclaw at big w i will gladly shout them a trip in the tinny.