PDA

View Full Version : borumba mayhem

Reidy
28-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey to all

I did my first solo trip to borumba with my 3 year old girl and was not expecting what was to come ::) We haded out more for a introduction more then a fish so to speak, any way my little girl was wanting to se a deer in the wild so with a small detour up Kingham creek we came across a group of three deer, which was nice to see. After that she wanted to se a snake well there swimming in the water was a small Brown snake :o so I was two for two. We then began to troll the eagles nest area when the rod went and nearly pull it out of her hands. (she did well just to hold on) we then done the tyipical coaching method, for a result of a nice 38cm bass. well i was three for three, not bad. we then went in for lunch and picked up my mate and his son 18 months old and went back up the dam. Well in the next 45 mins to 1 hour we boated 14 bass, and got hit countless times, all average 35cm a few small ones but the kids loved it , and me as well got to have a turn of holding the rod. oh what fun needless to say after a swim a few games, cooking mash mellows and all thst action the kids where in bed by 7:30, plenty of time for a cold one between dads... ;D]

Cheers guy i will try and scan the photos when developed i took at least a roll for the day, oh how proud was I ;) Cheers ausfishers

davidgrifin44
28-11-2005, 09:10 PM
awsome effort mate!!! god i wish my dad would do that for me lol, good on ya!!

Dave

28-11-2005, 10:14 PM
geez .. too easy huh mate! What lure (and colour) were you towing around?

Reidy
29-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Year it was just ironic that everything fell into place, the way it did,
We had on a green and gold(yellow) bibbed lure the yanks call a crankn bait i think, I always use those colours or something with silver always works.
thanks guys

29-11-2005, 08:21 PM
rodger that. the brand of lure may help give me a better idea. there are millions of different types of crankbaits out there bud :D

Reidy
30-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I am not to sure but i think they are those cheap sure bite or something like that sorry I cant give you more but if anything the cheap bins in the tackle shops often have them, just try and get the lure down around the three meter level you wll do alright.

I often fish halco,rapala, tilsens and anyother brand out there but the cheap ones are just as goo maby put better hooks on them to be on the safe side. Just try anything with a short fat body and a decent bib that's all i can give ya.

Good luck mate I hope you get a few.