PDA

View Full Version : Size and Bag Limits for Impoundment Barra

WHITTO
06-12-2005, 10:39 AM
:) Just an inquiry on minimum size and bag limit's on impoundment Barra,looking forward to at least one Barra meal very shortly,Cheers Whitto ;D

dasher
06-12-2005, 11:04 AM
:) Just an inquiry on minimum size and bag limit's on impoundment Barra,looking forward to at least one Barra meal very shortly,Cheers #Whitto ;D

58 min., 120 max. Limit of 5 but only 1 during closed season. Best you also check the rules of the impoundment you are fishing, as some are different.

Jeremy
06-12-2005, 01:17 PM
looking forward to at least one Barra meal very shortly,Cheers #Whitto ;D

Why would you be looking forward to eating impoundment barra :-? Taste like mud.

Jeremy

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes.. even mud tastes better....

the_matrix
06-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Whitto, there's no max size limit to impoundment barra mate, only the minimum 580mm length is applicable. However during closed breeding season (now) you are only allowed 1 Barra per person .As long as its 580mm and out of an impoundment, you can keep one.
During the open season Awoonga's limit is 5 per person, but only ONE over 120cm.Not sure if the others are different, but I wouldnt think they would be.
Happy fishing ;)
Jas

still_water
06-12-2005, 04:18 PM
The bag in open season is 5, 4 have to be betwwen 58 and 1200 with one over 1200,
Closed season is one at 58 cm and no maximum size, also if you prepare them correctly they don't taste too bad. But choose one no bigger than 85cm otherwise they will get a fatty taste.
As the guys said always check the regulations for the area you are going to fish , as they will change the rules and let us know 2 months later, as usual.

WHITTO
06-12-2005, 08:22 PM
:)Thanks for the replys all,I would have thought a Barra around minimum size would have been good eating, Ill give it a shot and see what happens, Thanks for the regulation run down still-water, Cheers Whitto ;)

peterr
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Gotta agree with you Stillwater. I bought 4 Monduran Barra fillets home for a taste test from when we were there in November. Before I cooked them I sliced the fillets diagonally from top to bottom so as to get a piece about 10mm thick , you'll get a fair few this way. Dusted them with flour, then onto a hot barby plate. about 1 minute each side, beautiful.The fillets were from fish between 70 to 80 cms.
You other blokes must be awful fussy fish eaters. :P

BigChiefBarra
06-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Just over legal is best. Not bad baked with Mango slices & Coconut Cream, yummy.

Freeeedom
07-12-2005, 07:44 AM
If you soak the fillets in milk for a few hours before cooking you can get rid of most of the muddy taste from impoundment fish
Cheers Freeeedom

The_Walrus
08-12-2005, 03:47 AM
Have to agree,

same as for bass and yellas, just over the legal size make good eating and there many ways to spice up the taste.

Luc