PDA

View Full Version : G-vibe Lipless Crankbaits

quinn
12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey my local tackel store is selling G-vibe lipless minnows(crankbaits) 3 for $20. They look like a imitation Jackel. Anybody heard of them or used them at all? How do they go?

WSW
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey Quinn

I have heard of them but have not seen them for sale yet. Kokoda also do an imitation Jackall crankbait. Looks exactly the same but a bit lighter. I will be giving them a go when I can get them but will always use the jackalls in the comps. They are yet to be proven.

quinn
13-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey I whent and bought them today, they are in fact made by Kakoda, they are the new G-vibe lures and are only hitting shelfs now and I must say they look alot like Jackalls, hopefully they perform well becasue @ $8.50 each I will be laughing my head off. #Please please please work! ;D

Will be testing them out tomorrow I will let you know how they do.

rivermanau
13-12-2005, 03:06 PM
The mart which dare not speak its name is advertising them @ 2 for $10.
But neither of my local stores have any stock and just shrug their shoulders.
(Don't know what the point of advertising them was!)
So where did you get them mate?
(SE QLD?)
Robert

Poseidon
13-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah Robert, a few weeks ago that Store that can't be named had them advertised as well for around that price, and low and behold both local stores to me didn't know too much about them either. They had also advertised "selected Rapala Bream Lures for 2 for $15.00" and alas none to speak of.

Made my displeasure at having to waste time here known to the manager who said, "Pick any 2 rapala lures you like and have them for $15.00."

So I rumaged through the stock and picked up a couple that were advertised for around $18 each and got the 2 for $15.00, not a bad day after all.

Regards Cameron.

quinn
13-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I got these from All Round angler in Caboolture (SE QLD). They really look good, come in nice colours, can't wait to try them out tomorrow. I just hope the rattles are good like the jackal's and they have good action to get those reaction strikes.

quinn
14-12-2005, 01:01 PM
They are pretty productive ;D

elephrez1
14-12-2005, 02:23 PM
So they went good then I take it.

did they produce any big bass?

quinn
14-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah they were really good, the top producing lure of the day. Got the largest bass which was high 40's (cm), not far off 50cm! They are light and require a little more time to count them down. We were fishing in 4 - 8m of water most of the day and they were fine though, produced plenty of double hook ups and the largest fish. I noticed a chip in the paint of one of them, only small, it's a bit annoying but I can get over that for $8.50 each, at least their eyes stay on. Later.

Quinn

d-man
19-12-2005, 04:10 PM
(SE QLD?)
Robert

Ahh, honourable riverman, the mart whose name we dare not speak up the road at Bundall has them. Would you like me to procure a couple for you? Only have three colours, sort of greenish, a coppery gold, and a blue/silver.

rivermanau
20-12-2005, 10:31 AM
RD-Man no need I got some yesterday, Took one for a swim, they sink head down vibrate on retreive, but don't seem to rattle much. I would rate them similar to the Shimano cheapies, will probably catch fish. I may be able to swap them for some of Elysium's genuine article if he is not looking! I like the fake plastic copy of the Jackall metal lips.

quinn
20-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Got about 40 fish in 4 hours with them, fishing with a mate.

WSW
20-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey Quinn, where did you catch 40 fish in 4 hours??? That's some impressive fishing.

WSW
22-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Only 4 colors as far as I am aware.

Woodsy
23-12-2005, 11:00 PM
g day guys just thought i would let you all know that the tackle shop at carseldine has them for 2 for 9.95 and various other kokodas that have just come out cheers woodsy

yellahunter
23-12-2006, 10:04 AM
how many different colours do they come in,

I got a few the other day at a shop however they only had 4 colours, two ayu types and one red and one green

are these the only colours they brought out?

smokindrag
18-01-2007, 08:39 AM
got some g-vibes from the mart whos name cannot be spoken in cannon hill!! @ 3 for $10 yes thats right 5 bucks each!! got the silvery gold matt black flashy orange colour and bright blue!!

hope they work!! :D

Dan...

TinarooTriumph
18-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I noticed on alot of Thread's on different Chat Boards that alot of you are finding that you are having to wait awile for them to drop... If you want a G-Vibe to sink like a Jackall, or even quicker then a Jackall then go and get yourself a few Kokoda G-Vibe Search lures... Thats what they are called, Search Vibe's. They have added weight on the chin of the Crankbait and they sink faster then Jackall's. They are abit harder to get then the usual Vibe's... If you cant get hold of the Search one's just use a few split shot sinkers above the lure and that gets them down pretty quick and lets them stay in the zone longer.

Fishin_Dan
18-01-2007, 10:52 AM
You could always drill a small hole in them, and add a little ball bearing to them. Then super glue the hole up again.

Would make them a bit heavier, and give them more of a rattle ;)

shayned
18-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I've heard from another source that doing the same thing with a spit shot and some silicon is effective. Not tried it yet but will soon.

fishytales
18-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I noticed on alot of Thread's on different Chat Boards that alot of you are finding that you are having to wait awile for them to drop... If you want a G-Vibe to sink like a Jackall, or even quicker then a Jackall then go and get yourself a few Kokoda G-Vibe Search lures... Thats what they are called, Search Vibe's. They have added weight on the chin of the Crankbait and they sink faster then Jackall's. They are abit harder to get then the usual Vibe's... If you cant get hold of the Search one's just use a few split shot sinkers above the lure and that gets them down pretty quick and lets them stay in the zone longer.

I think that at a lot of times it is an advantage for a lure to take its time getting to the bottom. More time for strikes from midwater bass.

I find these type lures ok, but will always use a jackall first, unless I am unsure as to whether there are any snags in the area. I must admit I don't give them much swimming time compared to my jackalls, one day I might leave the jackalls at home and just take my G Vibes and see what happens.

Chris

Poseidon
18-01-2007, 06:53 PM
(SE QLD?)
Robert

Their store at Lawnton had them there just after New Years at 3 for $10.00. They were there last week in good numbers at 2 for $10.00. Their store at Mitchelton had some as well.

Regards Cameron.

oscar64
18-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey Quinn

YEah they work alright an dyeah they are cheaper, and dont hurt as much when they get snagged up and you lose them.
In regards to th weight problem see if you can get hold of some Tungsten putty.

You can add as little or as much as you like to get em to sink at the rate you require, its great stuff and re- usable.
Think its actual retail name is tacky weight, or something similar.

Pete

Pistol_P
18-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I have used the Kokoda G-vibes with great success......they look exactly like a jackal.They are a great lure for the money but the trebles need to be upgraded.
I used these once and caught 6 bass and my mate was using the genuine Jackall's and caught none....He wasnt happy.

SWANY22
18-01-2007, 11:49 PM
well worth the money best day so far on them 18 in 1and a half hours 3 over 50cm bought 6 for 20 bucks beats buying 1 for 20 bucks

StevenM
19-01-2007, 06:43 AM
quinn

good to see that they work and at that price bargin

Feral
20-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Are you blokes a bit strange?
Not knowing what a "G-vibe" is I did a google search on it. The answer seems to be that it uses lots of A4 batteries, is favoured by ladies, and comes in skin tone and is about 12 inches long. Did not appear to be any hooks on it either, oh yeah the prices are a lot higher than what you blokes are quoting! And you blokes buying more than one, well thats just plain perverted!

quinn
23-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Wow, I posted this a while ago, lucky to have stumbled across it again. They are a good lure, and it’s good to see others catching some fish with them. Thanks for the advice on how to get them to sink quicker. I agree with what fishytales said about sink rates. I have the majority of strikes in first couple of turns of the reel. May have to try and get my hands on some of those search lures, they would be worth a go. Feral I hope no one walked in on you when you were looking at that, because I don’t think the excuse; looking for lures would have cut it…
Cheers

Quinn

Feral
23-01-2007, 05:32 AM
No mate, did not even think of that!

Although I must admit I did go and buy one of the lure G-Vibes, :) only used it once so far, no catch as yet, but I did like the action etc.

wrip109
23-01-2007, 06:30 AM
There are two weights of G-vibes. 10 grams and 18 grams. The 18 gram version dives faster to the bottom. The 10 gram is eisier to troll in shallow water.

Phil