PDA

View Full Version : Eungella

staggy
24-12-2005, 01:17 PM
G-day everyone, We fished eungella this morning from 5am till around 10. While the fish wernt going off as they some times do we still managed around 20 good sootys for our efforts. And it seemed the Barra were out for a bit of a look around as well this morning. Brian lost a nice one early in the session. Then Simon nailed one of around 80cm only to be stiched up in the sticks and his leader gave up up after a short battle. The fish cleared the water 3 times so we had a good look at it. Then I was muckin around with a soft plastic just under the surface beside the tinny and jigging it in the water to see what sort of action I could get out of it when another mid size barra came out from under the log I was near and belted the lure. Not sure if the fish didnt hook up because it just failed to suck the lure in or if it was because I got such a fright I pulled the flamin thing out of its mouth before it could get it far enough down for a hook up. I was not expecting a fish to hit the lure while it was only a few cm under the water beside the tinny.
Looks like Simon will be hopeing santa brings him a new rod tomorrow as a wayward lure ended up a couple of mtrs up a tree, and after several attempts to retreive it I decided to throw the tackle back over the branch and then break the think of. Worked a treat, only problem was it came down on top of Simons rod turning it into a four peice rod. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Well I hope you all have a safe and merry xmas and all the best in the new year to you all.

Staggy

Dehydrated
24-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Staggy,

Good to see you are back out on the water. Have not seen any of your posts for some time. Hope you have a great xmas :) and get amongst the big ones in the new year. ;D ;D Have you tried Kinchant lately?

Cheers
Don.

staggy
24-12-2005, 05:39 PM
G-day Don, I have only fished Kintchant once in the past few months, and I have discovered catfish love poppers ;D

Work has had me out of town and not on the water much lately. I had actually given notice just before xmas and was in the process of finding a new job when the boss gave me a bloody big bonus :o for all the hard work Iv done over the past year just to make me feel guilty about leaving, and it's working :-/
Now Im not sure what to do.

I have fished Faust on the last two full moons. And we had a ball gettin blasted out of the water both times. 9 barra all up in the tinny with heaps droped. Smallest 620, biggest 1150. Couple of pics from the last trip on the Faust report on this page by 5literbmx. Best lures were Rooster poppers, Barra classics and Sand vipers. No trolling all cast and retreive.

Have a safe xmas mate and maybe we can catch up over the next year to swap some stories about the ones we let go before they get to the boat.
C YA
Staggy.

Dehydrated
25-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the reports Staggy. Thats some damn good fish you have been catching. 8-) 8-)

I'm no expert in the career advice department, but I do know that being happy at work is more important than the money in the long term. ;D ;D Good luck with the decision.

Hope you also have a great xmas and I will sure let you know next time I am up your way so we can catch up. :) :)

Cheers
Don.