PDA

View Full Version : Soft plastics for bass

Sean
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
What retreive should I use if using plastics for Bass! Thanks guys Sean :)

Jeremy87
05-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Best way to catch bass on softies is by locating a school of them. After you have located the school determine where they are sitting in the water. eg if they are a couple of metres off the bottom there is no point bringing the plastic back along the bottom. Jig the plastic up through the school until it is a metre or so above it and then let it sink back through them. Vary the speed and action until you start to get hits.

woolybugger
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I agree with the last post, I had fished a fair bit of plastics and also look for schools and jig the SP's. Also attaching a SP to a beetle spin and cast and retrieve through a school, jig through a school or just casting at structure etc, I also cut SP's down after ripped up by bass and make them into flies for fly fishing (of course!!!)

I like using the Terminators snap backs and also the paddle tails, my favour colour is yellow/chatruesse with black speckles through it and also attached to the Guamakatzu jig heads.

Hope this helps mate.

aaron_gilmour
05-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Plastics are very versitile lures and can be retrieved numerous ways. As mentioned above, working them through a school is very effective. Casting them to weed beds and letting them sink to the bottom and slow rolling them out again is verg effective to. Vary you time you let them sink, try pauses, twitching until yopu find something the bass respond to and want.

You can also drop them down trunks of sunken timber and jigged up and down to get a bite. Some like the terminators that are quiet bouyant can be used over the surface for bass feeding up hifh in the water coloum early morning and late afternoon.

Try Atomic fatgrubs,sliders and berkley powerbait range.

Just remeber just because you have a plastic on you will catch fish. Some days the dam bass will only respond to one thing, spinnerbaits,lipless crankbaits, plastics etc. Thats half the fun trying to work it out.

Good luck and be creative.

Cheers
Aaron