PDA

View Full Version : fishing comps in 2006

Wazza77
12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey can anyone tell me where i might be able to find out where some fishing comps are on this year in the freshwater dams and rivers within a few hrs of Toowoomba?

I have looked in a few places but unable to find any, and i am know places like Cressbrook and Leslie used to have them but not sure if the levels are now to low to run them, or i'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks

Rob_Bartlett
12-01-2006, 09:12 AM
G'day Wazza

Have a look at the bass ABT website, #www.australianbass.com.au

You'll find a few tournaments #there for bass pro and bass electric.

Rob Bartlett

Louis
12-01-2006, 09:20 AM
The DPI may be able to advise you.

It is worth a try.

Louis

Wazza77
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah i might try those and see if they can tell me something, i cant believe they are so hard to find. I have little kids and i have to plan these things i cant just go when i hear about them or the boss might not be too happy. So i like to plan a little bit

Rob_Bartlett
12-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Also head into Mullet Gut Marine if you're in Toowoomba. They will put you on the right track. Carl Jocumson works there and he is an ABT regular.

Rob

Wazza77
12-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah i though i might head in there and see Peter and the boys, they would probably have the best idea.

I didnt really want to go in any of the big bass tournaments that you have to fish for 4 rounds and things like that. Just some of the ones in the rivers and dams with the kids for a bit of fun.

But thanks for the reply Rob it all helps. :)

warrior
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
how are you wazza,there is a new comp starting this year it is called bassin queensland,it can be found on google at the moment until all of the site is finished.it is organised around the family and to get more kids involved in bass fishing,Dave Hislop is the organiser and the prizes are well worth the effort,a boat at the end of the rounds is the major prize.well worth a look.it is run over six rounds but your best four only count,somerset,boondoomba,bejelki peterson are the dams

Smithy
12-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Buy QFM and Bush n Beach mags and look at their competition pages.

PG
12-01-2006, 11:48 PM
check out Fitzy's site Sweetwater Fishing...some comps listed there.

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au//Comps.htm

Wazza77
13-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks warrior i got some info on that from Dave last week. So i am having a look at all of it.

Smithy thanks for that i will buy it and have a look. I used to get it all the time but haven't been buying it lately forgot to renew last year but i will renew again when i go to the brissy boat show this year as you usually get a few extras when you do. Thanks again

Paul g thanks for that mate but all the comps there seem to be last year may be i will just have to keep looking until he updates his site then i will know thanks