PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Lenthalls

Herby13
11-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey guys i was just after info on what lures to fish with at lenthalls, what stucture is best to cast at round the dam? I went camping there a couple weeks ago and fished both out of a canoe and also my boat casting towards the lilly's, sunken logs, weed beds etc and only got 6 small fish for the whole day. :-/ I used many Jackell's all day then even changed to popper's in the late evening with no real success. :-? Any help would be muchly appriciated! Thanks heaps Thomas.

Barra_Bandit
11-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Gday mate im a local at lenthals , tango dancers ,poppers almost any surface lure works early morning and late afternoon for barra and bass and thru the day crank baits and divers are the go around lillys and almost any structure

bassace
12-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Also a local at Lenthalls. I have found that surface lures work well morning and night but with the warmer weather water temp is up a lot higher in the evenings so they seem to work best early morning. For the rest of my fishing i prefer to use spinnerbaits (green,gold,white). The areas that seem to work well are along lilys & weed beds but sometimes deep water with snags can produce fish in the middle of the day if worked with softplastics.
Hope this helps.

Bassace

Herby13
12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks barra_bandit and bassace i will be sure to take this info with me next time i fish the dam. Whats the chance's of cathching barra in the dam like these days too? And when targeting them do you use the same technique?

bassace
12-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Have only caught barra on surface in the evening and in morning when we had a rainy day. Best barra to date is 52cm.

Herby13
12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
thats alright hey! would of been quite a nice surprise. When you fish lenthalls Bassace, which arm of the dam do you prefer? I like the look of both the right and left arms of the dam, you have any success there?

bassace
12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't have a favorite as all 3 arms seem to fish well. I have noticed that the arm which is out of the main wind direction on the day fishes better.

bigdan123
12-01-2006, 03:05 PM
herby

left arm is where carl caught all his fish that won him the afc bass comp. he also caught barra on surface lures in that area.

Dan

jimbolikes_barra
12-01-2006, 08:33 PM
the jackalls seemed to do the job on the afc day it would have been tough fishing that day with a bit of rain. if barra is your thing then lively lures arafura barra's do well at the dam, there are some big fish in there hay dan :o :-? he he

a guy from thailand called tik whilst on charter with fraser coast sport fishing caught this fish biggest tagged to date.

jimbolikes_barra
12-01-2006, 08:35 PM
sorry 94cm

cheers james

bigdan123
12-01-2006, 08:59 PM
you will keep james ;D ;D ::)

Herby13
13-01-2006, 11:45 AM
That is a nice fish hey! :o Yaeh i liked the look of the left arm when i was there, maybe i will go better next timeim there, will be sure to keep you posted. Thanks for your help guys. THOMAS>