PDA

View Full Version : Borumba

dagwood
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Help..This is my first post. Mate and myself (the blind leading the blind) have fished Borumba about five times in the last 18 months and catch only the odd bass. We usually troll with SMAKS and unfortunately don't have a sounder at the moment. Love the dam but getting very frustrated. If anyone can give some pointers will be extremely grateful

ahoj
11-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi Dagwood
Live shrimps may do the job or a big NET lol ;D ;D

if you don't have a sounder stay close to other fisherman i found there is fish everywhere I can see their big mouths gobling the lunch sandwich leftovers -but some don't bite or even play after rain there is plenty of feed and Baramba has been pretty full most the time but the catches are not very exciting most folks go home having a good time but no fish in the basket... so we are not alone cheers

Ahoj

Jeremy87
11-01-2006, 09:03 PM
the fishing is tough at the moment thanks to the hot dirty water. it may be some time before the fishing improves. a sounder and a bow mount electric make fishing alot easier and can often be the difference between a couple of fish and no fish at all. We did very poorly when we went only landing 2 bass but i'd put money on those fish being 2 of only a handful of fish landed that day. I'd concentrate my efforts on another dam for the time being and wait till the water level drops. Easiest way to catch a saratoga would be to get early into the sticks and float a shrimp. i find that they feed on the surface while the shadow of the hills is still on the water before they head down deeper.
Hope this helps
Jeremy

dagwood
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info Ahoj and Jeremy. Will probably look at fishing Bjelke. Its a pity as Borumba is a lot closer. How are the banks of Samsonvale for fishing at the moment.

wewak1111
14-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah mate, I haven't gone over the hill to Borumba, as B.P. Dam usually delivers.
Almost everything I've picked up in the last 6 weeks have been on jackals or their lookalikes.
Are you trolling them down there, or just popping?

Cheers

Graeme

dagwood
15-01-2006, 11:00 AM
When fishing BP dam we usually use Smak 12's on the troll.Find that dark green or gold are most successful. Have caught some nice Silvers around the trees on worms. Will be going back to BP in about 2 weeks. Will post results.