PDA

View Full Version : ;D...

juicyfruit
14-01-2006, 06:49 AM
After some last minute tips on Barra at Awoonga

Getting sooooooo sexcited now. Only two sleeps till we go ;D ;D ;D ;D

We are staying at the Willowgrove Holiday park. Call in and say G'day, ask for Brad and Trace from Mackay.

OH I AM SO SEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

Juicy

revs57
14-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Thumps...will you take that woman in hand or something???? ;D ;D ;D

Good for you Juicey...hope you guys have a great trip...a mate is just returning from Awoonga...caught some snodgers over a metre and released them...reckons he's gonna introduce me to awoonga

good luck

Rhys

thumps
14-01-2006, 07:36 AM
mate

i see so many guys complaining about their other halves holding them back from the pursuit of happiness

i love the fact that she is so passionate about fishing..(in fact it was her idea to do Awoonga)

cant drive past a tackle shop without getting nagged into stopping....not to mention getting a few new lures every time :)

hope there isnt too many on the way to Awoonga..or we may never make it

juicyfruit
14-01-2006, 07:37 AM
;Dyes Thumps, handle me :P

Sorry everyone, I do get sexcited over my fishing ~S~ But I'm sure so does everyone on this site ;D

Its just seems to be such a long wait (since buying the boat), some hard work and a bit of planning, to get only two sleeps away from our goal.....conception was 8 months ago

(oh yeah forgot that this is meant to be our honeymoon, sorry dear, I do love you more then fishing.....yeah really!!!!)

Anyway, any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated

Juicy

Darryl
14-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Cant give you any tips but i say go pack the boat and go now.DONT WAIT 2 SLEEPS. They will be like an eternity. ;D

Darryl.

theoldlegend
14-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Jeez Juicy,

After reading your posts I had to make myself a Valium sandwich to calm down !!

Anyway, you and Thumps have a good time and we'll expect a report from you when you get back. Don't give the other people up there too much to talk about !!

TOL

DICER
14-01-2006, 07:48 AM
sounds like the best way to get hooked!

have fun!

congrats!

bidkev
14-01-2006, 07:50 AM
;<snip>

conception was 8 months ago

(Anyway, any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated

Juicy

Take deep breaths and push ;D

kev

juicyfruit
14-01-2006, 07:54 AM
ppppsssssttttttt Daz

shhhhhhhhhhh, the boat is packed *blush*

revs57
14-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah Guys, I figured this is the honeymoon venture hence my encouragement to Brad for some calming distraction for you Juicy...two days ;) ;) nudge, nudge, know what i mean????

Good on you Brad...I'm fortunate to have a first mate who isn't a sea anchor when it comes to persuing the finer things in life...although she giggled and rolled her eyes when I gave her her christmas present...a 24kg stroker mounted with Okuma Titus 50w loaded with 37kg, plaited double and rigged with a neat pusher, I have the matching pair but kept the two speed for the Big One!

Many happy years ahead for you two I'd say

cheers to you both...

rhys

juicyfruit
14-01-2006, 12:32 PM
te he

Only one sleep till Awoonga.

Thank you Thumps

Juicy

thumps
14-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Now look what ya done

were going a day early

sheeshhhhh.......so hard to take ;)....i dont know how ill cope ;D

guess i wont be sleeping tonight either ::)

the_matrix
14-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Juicy,
Happy to give you a few tips but will leave the most part of it for you to discover, as this will only add to memorable trip to this great place called Awoonga.

Water temps are up again, 31.6 degrees celcius today. Thats not a very comfortable temperaure for Barra. Ever been in a cellar on a hot day???? As soon as you go "down", its more comfortable right?
I have fished every day bar one this week, with some fluctuations in temperatures, there have been some incredible casting sessions. I cant speak for the trollers, but from what I have read and heard, they have been "killing the pig".

If your going to cast, fish DEEP. Its hard work twitching big divers, but its worth it. I havent counted how many metreys Ive landed, but there's been plenty. Heaps of 70's and heaps of big fish, including the best one that went 123cm.

Not sure of you experience with impoundment Barra but if you inexp, get into the trolling. Take some match sticks though! Nah just jokes, each to their own. ;D Its a very productive method.

Expect to work HARD for your casting fish, but from my point of view its an extremely rewarding.
Dont be shy to fish deep at night, got some BIG fish last night deep twitching.
Mates had an impressive session on topwaters as well, so thats both ends of the scale.
Most importantly, enjoy the scenery and surrounds, and take Awoonga for what it is...............that is a marvelous fishery for all to use, and a truley magical place to achieve a milestone or two.
Use your nouse and sensors to locate fish, then pepper the living shit out of them. ;D ;D
Trust your instincts, try and not be too technical in your approach, and Im sure you will do well.
Good luck!
Jas

juicyfruit
19-01-2006, 04:18 PM
WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!

juicyfruit
19-01-2006, 04:21 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What a place Awoonga is!!!!!!!!

Before I do a report, I firstly would like to thank every single person involved in the stocking and running of Awoonga Dam. Sensational.!!!

Juicy