PDA

View Full Version : Restrictions @ awoonga.?

Big_Native
17-01-2006, 07:37 PM
G"day All
Would like to know if they still have the gates locked to the boat ramp at Awoonga of a night and if so what are the times they open and close.
On another note what is classed as camping on callide can i roll my swag out for a kip if i get tired through the night and can you fish it of a night.
Regards
Damien webb.(Big Native).

BG
17-01-2006, 07:44 PM
No gates anymore at awoonga come and go as you please. not sure on the callide question

Cheers Ben

SULLY73
17-01-2006, 07:49 PM
FISH AS LONG & AS HARD AS U LIKE AT AWOONGA NOWADAYS,ONLY RESTRICTIONS SEEM TO BE SPACES IN CAR PARK.
USE TO WORK IN BILO AND LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD DO OVERNIGHTERS IN BOATS, THE SUNWATER PEOPLE ONLY SEEM TO CHECK ON PEOPLE ON BANKS AROUND MAIN RAMP & SURROUNDS(BELOW PICNIC AREA)

web
24-01-2006, 12:11 PM
My son & I fished Callide a wile back & rolled the swag out for a camp. I was told from an reliable sorce if they catch you they have to give you 24hrs notice to shift your camp. I think the only people that have a problem with this is the caravan park owners in town that miss out on your money.
There was a number of boats that went out through the night so night fishing should not be a problem.
Don't forget to call into the local tackle shop for your permets & some good local advice, I found them very help full.

Cheers Jason