PDA

View Full Version : spinnerbaits for cania?

Screaming_Eagle
23-01-2006, 08:50 AM
interested in your views on what spinnerbaits work well at cania dam. i'm heading up there this weekend. thanks

SULLY73
23-01-2006, 10:40 AM
T.T vortex spinnerbaits,bassman & ausspin all work well.Colours ,golds,purples,blacks as long as they have gold blades have been working well.Has been fishing well & u should have a good time.

Bad_Bazza
23-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Screaming Eagle,
I was up there in September and averaged 50 to 60 fish a day for over a week(I know, totally different now) and the baits that worked for me were 1/2 oz and 5/8 oz Bassman and TT's in Gold/Black, Purple Shad and Purple and Clear.
I would also get some Beetlespins No 2 or 3 Blades (or Betts Spins, Auspins whatever brand) as I found them even more productive than spinnerbaits.
Most successful tails were Chartruese with Black Glitter and Chartruese Black Core Sliders and Ecogear Pearl/Watermelon.
Technique was to burn the lure off the edges three or four turns then let it fall to the bottom. It was on most occasions getting wacked when you paused to let it fall or after you started the retreive off the bottom.
Good luck it's a great dam and well worth the trouble

Baz

Awoonga
23-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Have spent a bit of time there just recentley last Sunday the latest Only thing that worked where Daiwa Lipless crankbaits... The ones without the rattle They worked very well ....20 bass in a hour We ended up gigging for them just in front of the boat ramp " Gee they where thick " Tried spinner baits SPs no luck.... The dam is low ...very low at the moment Spent a bit of time in the timber not much luck Saying that l did get three and got busted off three times as well ... So where you fish is up to you !

Herby13
24-01-2006, 01:10 PM
What blades do you find work best? Small or big blades on the back? I find that here in Bjelke that the smaller blades do the trick, while the bigger blades dont do nearly as well!

davo
29-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Just befor Christmas Chartreuse spinnerbaits did the trick on the Toga. Most of the bass were caught on soft plastics. The 1/4 oz had a better hook up rate as I think the lighter weight was harder for the Toga to throw.