PDA

View Full Version : borumba help

bowds13
29-01-2006, 07:39 PM
hey guys i was after some help with fishing in borumba. i am really wanting to catch a saratoga i have been the twice now and have had no luck i have seen them and thrown every thing i had at them with no luck. i was after some help with best places to fish, lures,technipues any help would be great

cheers bowds

Canoedle
29-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I havent been to Borumba since I was in primary school, about 1980, but found this thread earlier. hope it helps. ;)
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1137666394

Tropicaltrout
30-01-2006, 10:05 PM
G'Day mate
I fish Borumba quite a bit and the best way I have found is by using a Fly, My uncle John was the guide up there for a few years, now retired he always uses a fly. The best bet is to get right up the dam fish in and around the timbers genrally cast to the shadow and let it sink count too 15 or 20 the start your retive use big flies. So when you see a fish move cast at him let the fly sit then retive. Another thing if you arn't a fly man a lure wound slowly at times can work find freash structure is also a good hint.

I hope that helps last time i was there Kingham was the go. Cheers tropicaltrout

Gutsy
31-01-2006, 08:56 AM
The ABT bass Grand Final was held here late last year. Go to www.australianbass.com.au and read the write up for some tips of what lures and techniques worked.

Cheers.

Marcel.

fad
03-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Gday all does borumba have a website if so can someone post it me :) :)