PDA

View Full Version : Recent fishing at Kholo

Dart_Raider
06-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi everybody....
I have been overseas for 10 weeks and am itching to get into some bass fishing before it gets to cool. How has the fishing been around the Kholo Crossing strecth of the river? Has anybody had much success? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Simmo

elephrez1
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
average 1 or 2 here and there. got a big hit last week on a spinner bait thought it was a snag so ripped up the rod then off went the drag and the rod tip went down, the fishwas trying pull the rod out of my hands. i could not even put the tip up, the drag was set medium this had some weight I think it was a lung fish only thing i can think of.

Dart_Raider
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Cheers Elephrez.....last summer up there my mate got a huge strike and the ensuing battle was so hectic that he thought he had a once-in-a -life time bass - his kayak was getting pulled into the snag!! Anyway it turns out he had a BIG eel wish was a massive let down......maybe that couldve been what you encountered, although the sluggish take you described might suggest otherwise!
Has anyone else got any info on the recent fishing quality around Kholo??
Simmo

Canoedle
09-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I've only fished the mouth of Kholo where it empties into the river and it's pretty dirty there, all I saw were a heap of forktails and a little bream.