PDA

View Full Version : Borumba!!!!

Borumba_boy
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi all i go fish at borumba quite alot and yesterday we went out and caught 4 toga between all of us(3) im just wondering if any one knows were the bass are hiding i went from casting jackals to spinnerbaits to fly fishing and then to sp's and still no luck any tips\hint?
Thanks in advance
Nathan

fad
05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
gday nathan will be fishing there tue & wed targeting bass yella and toga will let u know how i went.have not fished there before & have never caught a toga but keen as any tips for a virgin to borumba :).also feel free to drop into the deer park for abeer & chat :).

Borumba_boy
06-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Tips for borumba. well in my past experiences i seem to have caught the majority of my fish in the main part of the dam and not way up the back.Just fish all the little bays and weed beds and if you cant get a fish go straight across from the ramp and theres sought of an old dirt road coming into the water just cast around there, theres always fish but nearly always small ;D

fad
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
thanks bboy what tackle are u using for the togas cheers :).

Borumba_boy
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Well im assuming you mean what lures
and i catch most of mine on a white 1\8oz shimano spinner bait retreive it fast so its pretty much on the surface but i have caught 2 on a purple poltergeist they smash it when it first hits the water and ive caught one on a white jackal funnilyt enough ;D
Hope this helps
Cheers
Nathan

fad
06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
HELPS HEAPS NATHAN WILL GET BIG DAN 123 TO TAKE PICTURES IF I DO ANY GOOD CHEERS :).

Big_unit
08-02-2006, 04:44 PM
;D ;D ;D

Good to meet you FAD & well I guess there is next time ???

Guide ( fish thief ) was no good I reckon !!!

1/8th is a very light spinner in fact too light maybe. :-/ :-/

Cheers
James

Borumba_boy
08-02-2006, 09:07 PM
well thats what i thought but my uncle bought me it for christmas and it is the best for toga by far
Nathan

Stumpthumpa
09-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I am heading up there next week from Thursday to Sunday. I hope it is fishing OK.

I used to go there a fair bit but have not really caught much for the past few years. Hopefully this will change. Like Borumbo Boy says, there was no real need to go too far up (except for waterskiers) and across from the boat ramp is always worth a shot. My favourites were spinnerbaits, Fly and sometimes a wide lure like a Rapalla Fat Rap cast to the edge of the weeds and twitched a lot before slowly retrieving worked on Togas.

Big_unit
09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Dam seems to have a lot of Algae in the water. Did notice a lot of people trolling. Quite a few Red claw traps around as well. Most of the fish activity was closer to the wall end of the Dam.

Cheers
James

fad
11-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Gday big unit good to catch up with u.U are not wrong about the guide he was crook,anyone who smells that bad has to be :-X.Bboy thanks again 4 the info the dam is 2 nice 2 only fish once i shall return :). PS; big unit try fishing with earplugs next time ;D ;D ;D.

Big_unit
12-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Mate I was just trying to do what you & Dan had suggested, match the hatch. Well I got stung for my troubles and you two were lucky but I think both your hearts started racing when you realised what was happening.

Always good for a laugh. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
James

fad
12-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Bboy any chance of a close-up pic of those spinnerbaits :).

ahoj
13-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Caught this today #about middle of top part of dam-- just trolling #and jump she did #51 cm. Took it home will try to cook it next week #will report what it taste like, looks like a few bones # --but rather large could be OK----- #hard to catch anything on a busy weekend too many hoon boats #and they go quite close-- Plurry Irriots... #cheers
Colour of a rainbow trout very pretty fish--Toga
Ahoj