PDA

View Full Version : First time at Awoonga - when?

wakd
13-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi,
I'll be making my first trip up to Awoonga shortly, and have three options on when to go. First option is March, around the 8th-13th, second option is first week of April, third option is late April, after Easter. I want to try to avoid mid April due to the Easter crowds. Does the fishing drop off much in April? Is early March a better time to be there? The March dates are around full moon, so I have heard that is better, whereas the April dates aren't (full moon is at Easter). Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben

Awoonga
14-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Ben ....Months make no diffrence to me or even the moon... Some will have other ideas...Barra do slow down a bit in winter.... But then again what Winter....

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
14-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Ben,
Any of those dates are fine. Don't stress too much about when you get here!! All those months and periods you mention are perfectly fine. The weather governs all fishing acticity usually, and you can't pick the weather!! So regardless of when you chose to visit, there will still be quality fishing available!
Johnny Mitchell
Lake Awoonga

wakd
16-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I am coming up in April, will keep my fingers crossed for good weather then! Hopefully will hit Callide as well.
Cheers,
Ben.