PDA

View Full Version : Dam Barra and soft plastics

coraltrout68
30-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Wondering if anyone has had any success using soft plastics for Barra in dams like Awoonga?

If so, any tips on what works for you?

Thanks

Shane

staggy
30-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Not sure about Awonga mate but plastics work in my local dams. The trick is work them slow slow slow. I get hung up a bit on snags but on a day when the fish seem shut down plastics can pull a fish or to with some extra paticence.

staggy

thumps
30-01-2006, 03:52 PM
when we were at Awoonga a fellow ran a sp off his downrigger....landed a 56 odd cm fish within 10 mins

other than that...i "hear" that they go quite well

McCod
30-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah they work great on Awoonga Barra..... and as staggy said go slow as. A slow draw and sink works well also using the rod. If there on the chew in the lower light conditions and night time you will get a lot of strikes sometimes by burning the rubbers flat out over the weed beds. SP's with belly hooks work better on the hook up rate when burning rubbers or place a stinger on over the normal hook.

Cheers Les

Gutsy
31-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Have a read on www.australianbarra.com.au it has write ups on the lures and techniques that worked at the dams during the barra comp late last year. I found that the squidgy fish in drop bear colour was popular and some larger ecogears rigged weedless as well.

Cheers.

Marcel.

laz
26-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Caught Barra at Teemburra Damm using slow draw and sink retrival with 4 inch Storm wildeyed swim shads also caught Barra on yellow vibro tails in the estuarys hope it helps yer