PDA

View Full Version : bassin qld round one results

warrior
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi every one,had a great weekend up at somerset dam for the first bassin qld round of the year.To say the fishing was hard would be an understatement,138 competitors in 72 boats with a total of about 75 bass caught for the three sessions.the weather was kind to us with a slight breeze on saturday and sunday,leading the comp after the weekend was David Green with a combined weight of 7.420kg,he used smak spinner baits and nitro jig heads with a varety of sliders,the spinner baits were very slowly rolled along the bottom,and the sliders dropped down to suspended fish then trolled thru them with the use of the electric,this enabled David to keep the lures working as slow as possible.Dale Mullens came in second with a weight of 5.400 kg,he used jackalls and bassman spinner baits.the jackalls were hopped along the bottom with long slow lifts of the rod,most of the fish took the lure on the drop.his spinner baits were worked very slow over the bottom.colors were avocado and pearl with the jackalls in pearl ayu.The big bass went to Tracey Johnson with a weight of 2.095kg,caught on a bassman spinner bait. The prize catagories were enormous ranging down to the sub juniors up to seniors,also a new female award is there too.Diawa and shimano rods and reels, evercool eskis were the main prizes on the list with many other sponsors donating geat stuff.Dave and Kaylene Hislop are to be congratulated on a great start to the new bass comp,a few small things to iron out but we will only get stronger,next round is at Boondooma dam look at the bassin qld web page for more info.cheers allan.

BlitzBaga
01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
This was a very well organised comp, it's a credit to the people who organised it. I only got one fish and dropped 2 for the weekend and that was trolling a Blitz Baga after casting my arm off with spinner baits. Believe me the fishing was slow.

Cheers
Murray

warrior
01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
yes blitzbagga my arm by sunday was pretty tired ,the lure box was well used but still a good weekend

Dodgy_Back
02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey Murray

How'd that bimini top go ?

Mick

BlitzBaga
02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Bimini fitted perfect and I use it all the time, it is also good for keeping the rain off you.

Cheers
Murray

pmartyna
03-03-2006, 07:52 AM
The weekend was good fun. Was fantastic to see so many little tackers and ladies along.

I can't wait for Boondooma.

Considering the number of boats and competitors it all ran very smooth.

A bit of goss though, it seems that the fancy organiser's shirts and caps are now going to be the uniform of a new "Dreamy Donuts" shop in the city.... :-/ :o

Sniper
03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Allan, was good to meet you at Somerset. I will back anyone in saying that that was the toughest I have ever come across at Somerset on the weekend. Just finally got all my lures back in the box after using just about everything there was in there. I think we should stop mentioning the name of the impoundments which the comps are going to be held at, so we can sneka up on those big bass before they know there is a comp on. Someones tipping them off. lol. oh well. Looking forward to Boondoomba. Should be a great weekend again. Hopefully, if I can get my motor fixed. Not good when a 4 stroke sounds like a 2 stroke. Oh wel.
See you all there.
Bill

warrior
04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
bill what is the model of the motor,justin who fishes the comp works for sundown marine and he will assist you if you havnt got a regular mechanic,ring them up ask for justin and mention you fish the comp they will help no worries,also mention you were talking to me about it .justin is the one who came about fifth in the comp and had the yellow humminbird shirt on.cheers AL