PDA

View Full Version : Hinze Ramps

wobbygone
05-03-2006, 07:39 AM
On the map supplied with my permit to fish hinze dam are shown several boat ramps. To date I have only used the ramp at the western side of the dam wall. I am curious to hear from anybody who has used the other ramps as to access, condition of ramps ect. Also any precautions with regard to fishing the waters in this more remote sections of the dam.

Cheers
Wobbygone ;)

Elysium
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM
The ramp on the eastern side of the dam is pretty good, off memory it is pretty steep though. And the gates do get locked at certain times too.

There are other ramps further up the dam, there is one near the water tower and another up the top of the western arm too. But because of the isolation I would suggest you clean your car out before you go there...else someone else might do it for you.

wobbygone
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys,
I would love to fish up there but it sounds like we should be using grubs 4 bait. No shortage of grubs by the sound of it. But were there is a will there is a way.
Cu in the soup,
Wobbygone :)

d-man
17-03-2006, 01:55 PM
The eastern ramp ain't too steep at the moment! the water is right up to the shelter shed ;) Ramp up the top end of the western arm is right off the old bitumen road too, parking is now limited though, as is parking at the ramp off Little Nerang Road