PDA

View Full Version : Moogerah Report

NICKOC
11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey all, fished at moogerah this morning mainly trolling lures. Didn't have a lot of luck, caught 2 fish in 5 hours, but managed to bag a 45cm bass in the first 20 minutes. From then on it was all down hill. Got a 15cm bass a couple of hrs later and thats it. Was trolling lures round the edges in 3.5 to 4.5m of water.
Was good to see the DPI out there checking everyone for lisences, at least I got my moneys worth on my weekly permit.
Was talking to some locals at the ramp who also had a 45cm bass and they were saying that they got about 40 to 50 bass on tuesday and wednessday up to 50cm long. Pitty you can only keep two.
Water level is still pretty low, about a metre from the ramp at A G Muller Park.

wrip109
11-03-2006, 06:30 PM
I didn't think you needed a permit for this dam - Just a freshwater licence. (?)

Phil

Rhetly
11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Phil

I think you will find that NICKO has meant that license/permit as the same thing.
You are right in saying that you only need a stocked impoundment permit/license for Moogerah.

Cheers

manyrods
23-03-2006, 08:55 PM
HELP ME PLEASE I'M WANTING TO KNOW WHERE IS MOOGERAH DAM! HEARD YOU GUYS AND GIRLS TALKING ABOUT IT AND WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT IS AND WHAT i'M GOING TO CATCH THERE. PLEASE HELP!

wrip109
24-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Try http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/moogerah.htm

To get there either got to Boonah and turn right to Moogerah or left to Maroon OR leave Ipswich and follow the main road to Warwick, go past the Queensland raceway to Aratula. Turn left and follow the signs for about 5 to 10 mins. It is an hour from Ipswich pulling a boat.

Fish in the trees or the skiers will get you...

Phil