PDA

View Full Version : Peter Faust Dam Closed for a few weeks

McCod
31-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Just in case you were going #there in the near future...... Don't bother as the boat ramp is closed from 1/4/06 and so is the dam to all boats due to ramp in poor condition. Constuction of better ramp should be completed in a few weeks.

# #Cheers Les

rebelone
01-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Hi McCod

Keep us posted on this one. I am heading up that way May and June and am planning on being at PF about the 13th May - set in concrete and can't be changed. Can small tinnies be launched anywhere else on the dam?

Merv

McCod
01-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi McCod

Keep us posted on this one. I am heading up that way May and June and am planning on being at PF about the 13th May - set in concrete and can't be changed. Can small tinnies be launched anywhere else on the dam?

Merv

Gday Merv.... yeah it should be open in a few weeks! I was heading up there in 2 weeks but have put it off to mid may now. You can not launch a boat or operate a vehicle any where else due to the weed "Mimosa Pigra "problem around the dam. Will keep ya posted.....

Cheers Les

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
01-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Sign of the times Les, dry seasons etc. Hope it gets back on track soon! That weed must be a major issue. Cross contamination of lakes and dams could be a problem possibly. Close monitoring is important I imagine for vessels and vehicles coming and going between dams.
Ramp coming, so the future should be more favourable. Fingers crossed.
Talk soon.
Johnny

outrigger
01-04-2006, 05:24 PM
McCod the date today being the 1st/April would not have anything to do with your post on the ramp would it? ;D ::)

McCod
02-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Wish it was mate..... but i'm sorry its true...... just hope that Sunwater and the whitsunday council can get it fixed sooner than later....... you can imagine how many people would of booked @ Camp Kanga for easter.

Cheers Les

wheezer
03-04-2006, 08:44 AM
hey Les I'm heading north on my annual pilgrimige to cairns mid-late may will call you sometime before then we might be able to meet up at faust would love have a crack at it.

McCod
04-04-2006, 07:01 PM
hey Les I'm heading north on my annual pilgrimige to cairns mid-late may will call you sometime before then we might be able to meet up at faust would love have a crack at it.

Sounds like a plan Andrew... nothing quiet like getting Fausted in the Sticks ;)

Big Lipless Cranks haven't turned up yet... waiting waiting very patiently.... Talk soon

Cheers Les

wheezer
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
will keep in touch...sourced a couple big bill lewis lipless cranks..no longer made. not many though so keen to check these rapalas out when you get them. Been burning the midnight oil to finish Trevs tournament bass rod off before I head up to elliot heads this weekend, hoping to escape to monduran during the week its been 4 months or so since last trip there...

Awoonga
04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Lipless cranks ??? Big ones eh....Loose lips sink ships...