PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Forest Lake

bigman6969
26-03-2006, 10:03 AM
hey does anyone no about fishing in the lake at forest lake. if seen fish in there but i don't no what they are and if u can fish in there or not.

any help is much appreciated

brendon

mjc85
26-03-2006, 10:36 AM
You mean forest lake on the sunshine coast ? Is it an enclosed dam or a creek ?

If its a creek its probably bass or some sort of perch.

Feral
26-03-2006, 12:14 PM
If your talking Forest lake at West Darra (oops sorry to offend any "Forest Lake" residents) I thought th emethod of fishing was to use shopping trolleys like a crab pots, pretty popular, always see a few in.

Canoedle
26-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Aparently it's full of tilapia, when Archer get's back from the com games he'll no doubt have something to add as he used to rip some huge tilapia out of there on hard bodies. Pretty sure you're not supposed to fish there, but doubt it's actually ilegal.

Fitzy
26-03-2006, 03:58 PM
There are Tilapia in there. Maybe some spangled perch as well. Had someone last night describe snub nosed gar to me that they'd caught in there so go figure.....

The Delphin (the developers) security guys will boot ya if they see you. However it isnt illegal from DPI&F perspective, or local council authority, in fact I believe these govt agencies are a bit pissed about Delpins tactics there.

We've been approached to stock Forrest Springfield Lakes with native fish. However we wont lift a finger until ppl are actually allowed to go fishing in these locations without harrasment by security guards.

Cheers,

fitzy..

ssab1
27-03-2006, 04:50 PM
to add just a bit to fitzys ,gar stocked,redclaw in there,spangles by the million(stunted i assume cause of the numbers)silvers (got no idea how introduced but caught a couple),havent fished it for a while but could catch anything its the retirement home for fishtank unwanteds spoke to a couple releasing a bucket of what everers and was politely told to p###@ off,cheers .

bigman6969
01-04-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks guys now i no what is in there i'll have to go down there n see what i can catch

Archer
03-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Yea was getting good sized tilapia out of there...think i quater filled one of there wheely bins near the lake one evening. ;D
The Spangleds are pretty thick aswell but only smallish. I like the others have heard reports of all sorts of things being caught out of there. Even saw a dead Barra floating around one night no doubt removed from a fish tank after it ate all there pretty fish. ::)

Canoedle
03-04-2006, 09:05 PM
;D

maat
05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
It has spangled perch, mullet and a few introduced species to my knowledge.
:) ;D

opalman
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Make a nice carp lake lol. :D