PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

bigman6969
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
hey
i was just wondering what is a dood dam i can go to for the day and catch some fish cause the last dam i went to i got nothing.i don't have a boat so it will have to be from the bank. i don't want to drive that far from ipswich (1 to 2hrs). i'll be using lures or bait if i can get some. where would be a good place to get bait.

thanks brendon

elephrez1
10-04-2006, 03:31 PM
for bait go to ipswich tackle and bait.

bdowdy
10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
;)try hinze dam for bass or moogerah dam or maroon dam, these dams have been fishing well and you have a good chance to pick up some nice fish,(WORMS AND SHRIMP) would be the prefered bait. hope this helps cheers bdowdy. ;)

bass_buster
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
try fishing from the bank at lake samsonvale. just set some shrimp traps near some weed with red meat and you should get some nice shrimp for live bait.
fishing with the shrimp under a float in about 10 - 12 feet of water relativly close to where you got the shrimp from should see you connect to some good size bass and silver perch. have the shrimp about 6 feet under the float. if you can not catch any shrimp there are plenty of mussels along the bank that work, however, not as well as the live shrimp.

good luck ;D