PDA

View Full Version : catchin yella

brainin_yella
11-04-2006, 07:44 PM
can any one give me some idea of what lure type and colour or any tequneques i could use for catchin yella. The waters i'm fishing isn't that dirty and just has a stain. my main aria is bait fishin can any one give some tips?

Bill_Klein
11-04-2006, 08:53 PM
mate you came to the right place but no good askin me i've only ever caught one and it was on a skinny little worm and i had a birds nest in my line better ask someone in the freshwater board

Truck
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Mate I have done ok in the past catching Yellow belly at home in the rivers (Moree). I have found the best lures by far are the "flatty rats" you can get them in k-mart they are usually about 10 bucks each so not too exxy either, I have found the best colours are the green ones and the black and gold ones.

I am actually heading back home to go camping over the easter break and will be stocking up on them before I go.

Truck
12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
sorry I just remembered that the brand of those lures are "killalure" the make is flatz rats or flatty rats or something like that. But have a look in K-mart they are always there.

ibbo
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Try spinerbaits mate, Im a big spinerbait man and have caught heaps of fish on them.

Worth having in the box

Vortex, Squidgie and Bassman my pics

White, Green and Yellow, Black and Purple, Brown are my favs

Cheers

luskin
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Truck is spot on with Killalures

My biggest was 14 lb on Killalure Pack Rat in Black with white stripes 65mm

Cheers and good luck

Sy

speckly
12-04-2006, 08:48 PM
plastic jigs work really well mate and spinnerbaits are really good
green and red and yellow are my favourite colours and a good place to try for yellas is glenlyon dam.

cheers speckly ;)

Graham_N_Roberts
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I've caught yellas with spinners, Halco twisties, home made metals and several types of hard body lures.

One hard body I found to be hot, was a 5cm Big O with a green back and white and pink belly (small yella?). The black and white Mal Florens Bass Master is a ripper also.

No luck with soft plastics yet.

What ever you use, slowly does it. If you think it's slow enough.... slow down a bit more.

Good luck. ;)