PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater Fishing Near Brisbane

molo2
10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey this question may have come up before into this forum but I live in the southside part of Brisbane and I was wondering if there are any good freshwater fishing spots like 2 hours away by car? and can fish off like jettys, banks, etc? I need to know soon so that I can organise what I'm going to do on my uni holidays. Thanks!

bdowdy
10-04-2006, 06:23 PM
:)hi mate check out help needed in this chat section and ive written up afew places hope this helps cheers bdowdy. :) ;)

bass_buster
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
try fishing off the bank at lake samsonvale, i fish there reguarly and catch big silver perch and bass.
and while you are sitting there it pays to put a yabby trap in the water with some red meat beacause there is some massive red claw there. :)

warrior
10-04-2006, 07:02 PM
mate, maroon dam is a great place to get too around one and a quarter hours drive fish early morning and late arvo with poppers around the edges near the boat ramp or just throw your baits out.we have had some great sessions on poppers with the bass,they take them with hard hits and good runs,fishing of the bank adds to the excitement.

bigman6969
11-04-2006, 11:33 AM
hey bass_buster where were u fishing a lake samsonvale and what lures or bait were u using

brendon

bass_buster
11-04-2006, 12:50 PM
hey brendon

go to forgan cove, and you will see a walking track that follows the lake around. just follow it around and it comes into a small creek/bay, and there is plenty of good spots to try around there. fish the deep drop offs and the weed edges that go into deep water. use live shrimp and i havent tried lures there but i reckon they could work very well in some areas.

hope this helps

bigman6969
11-04-2006, 01:49 PM
thanks bass_buster how far is it from the western suburbs of brisbane

bass_buster
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
roughly 45 mins to an hour. not to sure but have a look in the refedex for a better idea

opalman
12-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Anyone know of areas where big Carp hangout south of Brisbane? would appreciate any information.
Thanks.

imported_admin
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
molo2

Check out Fitzy's website for locations, hints, tips etc.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy

Fitzy
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Anyone know of areas where big Carp hangout south of Brisbane? would appreciate any information.
Thanks.
Albert & Logan Rivers. Plenty in there. Go for an explore & give us a report on how you go. :)

Cheers,

fitzy..