PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Images of Australia

TinarooTriumph
15-04-2006, 10:17 AM
G'day fella's.

Ive had this interesting web page on my computer for quite a while. The site contains birds eye view photography of the whole of Australia and the world, but i have set this link so its just Australia. I find the pic's quite usefull for planning trips and navigation on the water. Just click the link i have supplied, select a state, scroll up or down on the next page to find the desired place, click on it and wait for the photography to appear. There is a a navigation pad on the left for you to scroll around the certain place, and a maximise and minimise option.

Link is #- - - http://www.perljam.net/google-satellite-maps/country/Australia

If you have a slow internet connection then this will be a problem, if its anything above 45kbps then you'll be right.

Im sure a select few of you know this site, but for those who dont, enjoy!

I wasnt sure whether to put this in the General Chat forum or this (Freshwater Fishing) but i figure that wherever i put it it the link will be used (hopefully :-X)

Please notify me if the link does not work, but i think ive done it all right!

Ok fella's leave ya's to it.

Cheers. TinarooTriumph 8-)

TinarooTriumph
15-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Let us know how you all fared on the site if you gave it a go. I was looking at the Awoonga/Mackay map this morning, man that place looks like China from a birds-eye view!

Hope some of you find it usefull.

TinarooTriumph 8-)

caveman
15-04-2006, 06:47 PM
what can you tell me about a place called stanage bay mate what are the pics like my I C is to slow, any body know what accomadation there is there

WHITTO
15-04-2006, 08:25 PM
G'Day, All you have to do is go to Google and type in Google Earth click on the link and look at all the impoundments you want,while your there have alook at Google Mars, Cheers Whitto

TinarooTriumph
16-04-2006, 12:08 AM
what can you tell me about a place called stanage bay mate what are the pics like my #I C is to slow, any body know what accomadation there is there

Stanage Bay :o :-? never heard of it. But if you give me the name of the nearest town/city/dump then i can check it out for you mate. The pictures on any place you may incounter on the site are great i think. To hell with getting maps from DPI and Resources, those days are now over!.

TinarooTriumph 8-)

ibbo
16-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Stanage Bay is between Mackay and Rockhampton and by all accounts is fantastic fishing. ;D ;D You can rent a holiday house or there is a place called the barra lodge.

Lots of green zones(no fishing) so be careful where you fish, must get green zone map.

Last 100km of road is dirt.