PDA

View Full Version : Hinze Dam - Dawn or dusk best?

Dodge41
16-04-2006, 04:24 PM
On a family picnic from 7am to dusk on easter Saturday, not fishing on this occasion.

On arrival quite a few fishing boats finished their morning and departed by about 9am.

And about 3pm on fishing boats turned up in in what seemed greater numbers than the morning crew.

Is the evening fishing more productive generally in freshwater? or was I watching a lot of blokes who prefer a sleep-in in the morning :-?

Old_Phart
16-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Ah, the eternal question!
I find the hour either side of sunrise and sunset are best although I personally prefer the early mornings.

Canoedle
18-04-2006, 12:45 PM
G'day Richo, looking forward to hearing how you went today, and will be keen to have an arvo session or two in the next few months. I'm heading to kyogle to fish with a mate sometime in may, so will line something up with you around that time, maybe Clarrie Hall or I can come up via Hinze.

fishingnottake
18-04-2006, 09:30 PM
what time does hinze actually open and shut?

Dodge41
18-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Not sure about the opening time in the morning, but gate closes 1 hour after sunset.

Karl
No action today a few pickers on SP worms but only felt like bait size, also trolled a poltergeist for an hour without result.
Away for a week at end of May, other times OK, subject to the doctor excising skin lesions...just give a ring in advance

Canoedle
19-04-2006, 03:22 PM
No worries m8 ;)