PDA

View Full Version : Borumba First Time

gunna
23-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Gunna take the boat up tomorrow for my first look see. Plan to throw hard bodies and spinnerbaits at the snags. Anyone suggest a good lure choice or areas to fish the dam ??

Cheers

BrandonH
23-05-2006, 11:24 AM
the top end mate, get away from where the ski boats will be. (maybe not on a work day??). anyways if you do go right up the top end of the dam there are a lot of trees in the water, at xmass when i was there there was a few living bottle brushes in the water also and these were where i caught most of my fish (drop off into 15foot). if you have an electric you should putt up the 2 main rivers that feed the dam and stand up with your fly rod or small black popper and look on the surface out front, I did this one day (minus the fishing rod:() and spotted at least 8 Saratoga mulling about on the surface within casting distance! but when i got within 3 odd metres of them they would spook. Try along the banks where there are rocks also as it usually means a good drop off and the Bass would be feeding along there. good luck!! looking forward to the report;) xmass was the first time i have been there and i am very keen to get back up there!!

Cheers
Brandon.

gunna
24-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Nice bit of water Brandon. Went way way way back into the trees. Three of us threw soft plastics, hard bodys, spinnerbaits and bibless minnows at deep water snags, deep water rock edges, water lillies and everwhere else in general. Didn't raise a scale. Still - prefer to be doing that than mowing the grass. And its nice to get the missus out for the day..