PDA

View Full Version : Upper Comera and upper nerang bass??

ThatsAbeauty
02-06-2006, 08:36 AM
hey guys im looking at going flicking some creeks for bass on the weekend, has anyone heard of bass coming out of the upper comera? im juts going to be using spinnerbaits and s.p's catch and release of course. and is there any water in the upper nerang? any tips would be great :) thanks guys

randy
02-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Chances are pretty good for a couple of bass at the tamborine / coomera wier if you pick your times right. I'd give nerang a miss as most of the good spots are over grown and the others scarce of bass.
I was up at the wier a couple of weekwends ago and caught a solid 49 cm bass on live bait and on the salt water side of the wier. ;D

Good luck any how ThatsAbeuty ! :)

metallica
02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
hey mate,

i read an article in the barra and bass digest a couple of months ago on coomera river bass, although i think they may not be bighting now as where in winter?? but its certainly worth a try anyway. when i get home from school i will write up the main points and tips for the article for you.

good luck, Dave

rivermanau
02-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Guys see my post above, bass are protected in rivers in winter. Some of my mates have reported people to fisheries for targeting fish in the Coomera in the closed season, so best to leave them to do their spawning thing. Catch and release can also stress fish and stop their spawning.
There is heaps of good fishing in the dams in winter, get into that instead, a lot of people reckon its the best time to fish.
Cheers, Robert

rivermanau
02-06-2006, 12:17 PM
PS You can also fish in the rivers above the dams as it says in the DPI quote.

tuna44
02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Definitely keep clear of the rivers during the closed season. We need to let the bass be, especially in rivers such as the Coomera as not a large population exist there. I’ve heard of people being pulled up and asked what they're fishing for in the rivers this time of year. Give Hinze a go, should have good captures with the water up.
Cheers,
Nathan

randy
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Tough luck ThatsAbeauty :'( Thanks for the reminder gentlemen !!!