PDA

View Full Version : maroon?

breamking
07-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Looking at giving this dam a try in the next few weeks but have never fished there before.Could someone please give me a little bit of advice on where and what with please.Thanks :-/

mulisha
07-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey mate yeh i know that dam like the back of my hand as long as u have live shrimp or lures u will have a ball ;) ;)

daveo
07-06-2006, 11:24 PM
i was up there last weekend briefly, cant believe how low the water is. used to go for school camp there few years ago. had a quick fish up where the creek flows in but as i was on foot was hard going due to low water and weed. mulisha u reccomend any good spots for land based anglers/canoe based?

mulisha
08-06-2006, 07:48 PM
hey daveo yeh um near the dam wall just out a bit

webby
08-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Was going to put a post up about Maroon, but will hijack this one.
With the salt scene nie on blow out this weekend, and not having fished fresh for yonks and i mean yonk, where headin down to Maroon for a few days.
I no the water is very low, we'll have a small tinnie, so any other options woould be apreciated.
like lure colours etc or when to get shrimp and are there any red claws in this dam.
Or on the humourous side will waders get me out far enough.
regards

krause69
09-06-2006, 09:13 AM
hey webby just take a couple spinner baits and jackells and cast to the weed banks and spinner baits in the snags near the creek ive never caught red claw in the dam and very few shrimp for bait

chers krause

Bronson
10-06-2006, 02:02 PM
hey maroon dam is a very small dam so trolling is very afective and its best thing to use are lures like RMG polturguist and prince lures
if you did'nt catch a few fish trolling while useing thoes lures i would be very surprised :-?

they are only small bass though :)

JAS
13-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi All,

Maroon is fishing well on soft plastics at the moment. If you are fishing the deep end ( the wall ) 3/8oz jig heads with a atomic fat grub or a 3 inch slider in pumkinseed will do the trick. If you fish up the other end try a 1/8oz jig head and fish over the weed using the same plastics. Both of these worked well in the last comp held there on sunday. Hope that helps.

JAS

rogue2527
14-06-2006, 09:12 PM
whats the camping situation there?