PDA

View Full Version : How does hinze dam fish?

Bassjunky
18-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I went down to hinze on the weekend for a look. I was wondering if its worth pulling the honda of the back and throwing the electric on and giving it a go?
I thought it looked better along nerang murwillumbah rd at the top end boat ramp. Im not after anyones top spots but a little info would help out alot.

Feral
19-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Generally I like fishing Hinze, its just a bit far for me to go. Generally do alright when I do get there. try looking between 20 and 30 foot on your sounder for fish if your chasing Bass, it also has saratoga, and a few other species I dont bother with.

tiges
19-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm aware that Hinze is electric only. Do you have to remove your petrol motor to take your boat on there, like at Baroon. My Bro lives close by, and I've been meaning to come down to take him out for some fresh water fishing. But too much hardwork to remove motor if that's the case.

Cheers
Tiges

DeeGee
19-06-2006, 11:41 AM
On Hinze dam you can only have an electric mounted on the boat. Petrol motors must be removed.
Seems people with quiet 4 strokes were using their electrics to get out of sight of the kiosk, then using their petrol motors.
So now they will not let you launch with a petrol motor on the boat, no matter how much you promise not to use it.
Deegee.