PDA

View Full Version : Redfin all year?

Tim_oz_WA
24-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey all........Am over in WA, but wondering if Redfin are caught all year round, or have good/not so good times of the year to fish for them :o

Scott_Thunder
24-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Asfar as i know they are available all year

rowdycowdy
26-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Reddies love the cold so they will lurk in the deep cold spots. But I have found if you troll a lipless crankbait slowly on an electric moter 3-4 metres deep they will appear where all other lures wont!!!. Then pin point that area and then jig scrub worm soft plastics and they will keep on coming. But remember they are a pest to native fish and eat the fingerlings. Either eat them cause they do taste good or dispose of them for the natives

Fitzy
26-07-2006, 09:03 PM
#But remember they are a pest to native fish and eat the fingerlings. Either eat them cause they do taste good or dispose of them for the natives
Reddies are about as close to a native fish in the fresh they got over there. Apart from the nightfish, that is. Only other viable freshwater fish in the south of WA (i believe) is trout.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. I know there was some investigation into stocking some eastern Oz fish over there.... not sure how it panned out. Anyone know??

Cheers,

fitz..