PDA

View Full Version : soft plastics on bass

jasfish
16-07-2006, 06:15 PM
has any one succesfully used soft plastics on bass been thinking about using the squidgey bugs with resign heads on them had good success with theses on bream and thought bass might go for them too if any one could let me know if there using plastics on bass and witch type would be good cheers jase

warrior
16-07-2006, 07:15 PM
how are you jassfish,yes soft plastics work great on the bass,sqidgies have had some success lately at boondooma dont know exactly what ones ,the best brands are sliders in smoke yellow core and baby bass colors there are heaps of other colors in this range and they all work at different times.berkley gulps ,atomics ,storm,and there are hundreds of other brands that all work in different dams the hard part is working out which one .practice practice practice and be a sponge around other anglers that use these types of lures,at the moment these lures have been taking a lot of fish dew to the dry conditions and low levels in the dam .good luck cheers AL ps dont be scared to try different things at the moment you will be surprised at what works.

Matthias
17-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah mate, bass love em. I've caught them on a few different types but the standouts are def 3" grubs in whiskey, pumpkin seed or similar colours. If you are using resin heads your prob better off with minnow styles as they don't have an inbuilt action. With grubs you need more weight than the resin heads to get the tail moving, so you might need some lead.

Pete.

jasfish
17-07-2006, 08:22 AM
hey thanks for the help guys ill go give em a try nice bass to pete

cheers jas

AngiG
17-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the answers.
I am hitting up Sommerset with SP's this friday.
Will try those colours out!
Angus,

AngiG
17-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the answers.
I am hitting up Sommerset with SP's this friday.
Will try those colours out!
Angus,

Sorry about the double post

Feral
18-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah,
Did well with Kokoda "mad shad's" at Lake Baroon on the weekend, got 5 good Bass on them. Used the goldie/ yellow coloured ones.
http://web.aanet.com.au/askenne/baroon.jpg

ibbo
18-07-2006, 09:19 AM
The squidgey bug with a resin head would be a good surface lure for bass at dawn dusk and night.

During the day you will want to fish deeper so you will need some lead

Bass feed in all depths so try them out and see what works on the day

Have fun

Cheers

IBBO

bass_buster
19-07-2006, 09:38 AM
jasfish, try the berkley gulp ive had good success on them at boondooma and cressbrook dams. :)

Petenoosa
19-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes mate the bass love plastics.My PB bass was taken on a plastic.
Unweighted atomic cast into snags while fishing landbased.It went 51cm.

WSW
23-07-2006, 12:04 PM
3inch slider grubs on nitro jigheads would have to be one of the most successful combinations for bass. The other ingredient is confidence in the lure. Start using them and stick with them.

BlitzBaga
23-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Pete noosa,, nice photo of the bass it does it justice if it is 51cm

Cheers
Murray

jasfish
25-07-2006, 07:12 AM
hey thanks for all the advice guys and some nice fish pics cheers jason

nathan_fishing
31-07-2006, 04:06 PM
good bass
bass are good on the sp the 3inch flick baits greeny meanie with a resin head work good

_nathan_