PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions - Tacklebacks & Spinnerbaits

gunna
08-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Haven't fished the fresh much. The couple times I have used the tackleback I had problems with it spiralling as it went down the line & subsequently getting wrapped around the fishing line too many times to get down to the lure. I am connecting it correctly. Have others had this problem and overcome it ??

Also - whats the popular thinking on connecting spinnerbaits - knot hard down to the wire or loose connection via loop knot or clip ??

aussiebasser
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
If you keep your line tight and sit off the snag a bit you shouldn't have any problems with a Tackle Back twisting.
Definately a tight knot straight to the Spinnerbait.

gunna
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks Dale. Knot advice is good. I wish it were that simple with the tackleback cos thats pretty much what I do and its not too successful. Last time I was trying to get a jackall in 70ft at Borumba but lost it :'( :'( :'(.

aussiebasser
09-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Ahhhh, at least ya lost it to a snag. It hurts even more when ya cast the expensive little buggers off!!!!! :-[ (Mental note, no more Jackalls on 4lb Fireline!)

akman1
12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I use a strikeback lure retriever as they can also go up into the trees,SPs,lures,havent tried it on spinnerbaits but is heaps better than the old tackleback-only problem is you'd need a lot of extensions to get 70' ;)

Strikebacktack
17-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes I have a vested interest as I am the designer, manufacturer and distributor of the StrikeBack Retriever. It does retrieve all types of lures including spinnerbaits, jigs and fly. Because of the upward rotation of the coil it will also automatically attach to submerged line you cannot see. This will enable you to retrieve snagged fish and lost gear like fishing rods.
70 feet? You can attach an 8mm eyebolt to the end of StrikeBack on a strong cord and let it go and it will bump your lure and release it. In more than 2000 snagged lures I have not lost one and down to 10 feet it takes 10 seconds. Extra time for greater depth just to add extensions in a few seconds.

Hope this helps

gunna
18-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks for that. Haven't looked at these yet. Might be time for a visit to the tackle shop [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].