PDA

View Full Version : fish stocking

ROB80
25-10-2006, 07:33 PM
my property backs onto a lake (real estate agent speak, large dam normal person ;D). i was assured by said agent two years ago that dam was stocked with silver perch, yellow belly and bass. giving the agent benefit of the doubt (the lake was built at least 7 years ago) i went fishing with lures and bait. after 3 hours late afternoon/dusk no hits, didn't even see a rise. i have checked with dpi site and it is legal to stock dam with the above species as they are local fish in waterways (south pine) that this dam flows into. my question is does anyone know where i can get fingerlings from and how much? and would fish originally stocked died out by now or has agent jerked my chain >:(

Matthias
25-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Prob went over the spillway after a flood. Especially if they wanted to breed.

Pete.

Clint06
25-10-2006, 10:23 PM
There is a guy at burpengary who you can get fingerlings from, im pretty sure he is in the phonebook i think under aquaculture. There is another place up near Yandina that are a bit cheaper who are also in the phone book. From memory bass were about $60-80 per 100, silvers much the same maybe a bit cheaper, and yellow belly about $100 per 100.
If your going to stock them make sure you get rid of any eels first, i learnt that the hard way :-[

_Dan_
26-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Theres a company out past beenleigh towards mount tamborine that sell native fingerlings. They are close to that fishing park out that way.

Cheers

Dan