PDA

View Full Version : Calliope Directions.

Steve_Monckton
29-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi people, I have fished Awoonga but have heard a few good stories about Calliope dam which is nearby. Going to Awoonga after school holidays finish in 2007 and was wondering if anyone could supply info on Calliope so we could have a look at it one day. How far is calliope from Awoonga and what direction and how big is the dam.Is it worth fishing and what species can be caught. I have a 3.95 metre boat so it is easy to launch. Are there any permits needed to fish it? Any info would be appreciated. Cheers, steve.

Awoonga
29-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Calliope Dam....Thats a new one....Callide Dam... near Biloela 100`Ks from Calliope...Dam Size...about a`quarter of the size of Awoonga if fact Awoonga supplys the water for it....May be that should be supplements the water...Species Barra... Yellas Permit.... SIP .....Its a bit dry...dirt ramp......

rossco
29-10-2006, 08:57 PM
g'day rabbi, callide dam is about 100km inland from awoonga, small dam with very little structure, fishers well for barra with meter fish caught regularly,easy boat launching from the bank, SIP permit needed as awoonga said.

cheers
rossco

phatty
30-10-2006, 11:06 PM
was out there the other weekend.
dams pretty low at the moment.
about 6 or 5%.
still worth a hit though.
i hear the catch rate pretty high.