PDA

View Full Version : quick question

barrafever
22-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey guys (and gals). Am heading upto monduran again next week with my old man to try and land some barra. The past few trips we have struggled finding many fish. I think we can put it down to not spending enough time in each location and not being persistant enough. On average how long would you spend at a particular spot before moving on?

Many thanks

McCod
22-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Mate..... on the fishing time thing..... give it a flogging with 12 casts or so to small each area and if your confidant that there is fish there then give it another go with a different type of lure or technique …… even if someone has just fished a place and it looks the goods and you got the time…. Then give it a flick or 20!! Some areas I would fish for up to an hour or so and then move on.We just spent a week @ Monduran…. We fished the last leg of the barra tour and stayed for a few extra days. The fish are spread all over the dam at the moment with a lot in the main basin and the trollers are doing OK in that area!! But those Barra can still be caught casting if that’s more your style. Crash divers are the go at this time of year with lures like the Bandit Prowlers, Storm Deep divers, Scorpion 125mm Crazy deeps etc that can be cranked down to 2 or 3 + metres cast & retrieve. Work the lure all the way back to the boat as some of the strikes will come with the lure at the rod tip ;)

Cheers Les