PDA

View Full Version : lenthalls bans all motors over 6 hp

Nelster
18-12-2006, 08:15 PM
got a call today from wide bay water corp.. as i left a msg looking for info about closures and i'm told now that there is a security guard ..at the gate patrolling boats and not letting in any boats with motors exceeding 6 hp.. even if you do the 4 knots .. the told me a couple was almost run down the other day buy a boat.. so .. no more big motors.. he said gates will be up till march or later .. depending on when they finish and get a full time ranger to patrol boats...
i guess i won't be heading there now..

ssab1
18-12-2006, 08:34 PM
noticed bass boats running 150 &200hp motors must be in one hell of a hurry, sort of defeats the relaxation of fishing you think?boy I love "W".before you gasoline jockeys jump down my throat I to was one but have seen the light.go the leckkies for impoundment fishing :) :P :P

Tropicaltrout
18-12-2006, 08:53 PM
oh well, it take a few dead heads to spoil a great spot the idea of electric only is fine with me anyway. It was always going to happen at lenthalls, to many idiots up there and no police to issue any fine for thugs to slow down. As i said the electric only will be fine!

TT

warrior
18-12-2006, 09:24 PM
looking forward to electric only it will get rid of the yobbos who stuff it for everyone it is a beautiful place to visit and this will only enhance the area.

Feral
19-12-2006, 05:00 AM
If they allow the small petrols, thats still good, you can still get one cheaper or similarly priced to what it costs to get a good electric and a set of batteries.

I have an old dehaviland 4.9m tinnie (seats 5) I am fixing up as my freshwater boat (big enough kids dont have to wear life jackets, small enough not to require fire equipment) that I dont intend to register, so it will be electric and 4hp only anyway.

scoocer101
19-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I got a 12 tinny which we always take up to lenthalls and the other dams and we were looking forward to going to lenthalls this chrisse and now we cant because we have a 15hp and we dont have a electric. That has stuffed our holidays abit. We lov it there and now we cant fish there in our boat eventhough we abide by the speed limit. I hope the guys who have stuffed it for us are happy because we arnt :-[.

scoocer101

Poseidon
19-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Too many @#ckheads normally spoil it for all. The next place for the @#ckhead patrol should be Somerset Dam in the Kirkleigh 6 knot area. There are far too many people, who should know better, belting around this clearly marked area with no regard for anyone. When I say should know better mostly they are not skiers, rather fishos.

Speed limits and rules are only useful when enforced.

Regards Cameron.

bassfanatic5
19-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a 10ft punt, 4hp petrol and electric motor for fishing lenthals and cresbrook. Lenthals is one dam i don't put the Labsport on, the thought of running the big etec into a stump even at 6 knots scares me so i don't understand people racing around with so many stumps just under the surface.

rayken1938
19-12-2006, 08:20 PM
It is a pain as I can no longer drop in there on the way to other impoundments. I have a 4hp 4stroke auxillary but it would be a major job to remove my 30 hp 2 stroke just to fish lenthalls.
Also I believe that it wont be too long before someone dies at wivemhoe by being caught out in a storm. My 65 lb minnkota will not make headway or steerage way in above 15 - 20 knot winds. At least the 4 hp will make some way so why not 4 hp 4 stroke limit for such a large expanse of water.
Maybe we need to send some of the sunwater boffins and their greenie mates out in a storm. It is all very easy to say dont go out in a storm but they can come up so quickly in summer and while i am spitting the dummy how about reopening up the access points that they have closed off to fishos?
Ray

Boomi_Boy
19-12-2006, 09:19 PM
The whole joint is only 400ha full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I do have a 10footer with a six, so call me biased, but i have got a bigger boat as well. The people who fish here under the new rules will be the winners. Fish don,t ask how big your boat is before hitting your lure, get over it!. I could row around the place without getting a blister, I would like to see the same rules applied to other small impoundments, I will be spending 4 days in a no power impoundment in the new year, and i planned on going there for that exact reason, peace from the the fume sniffers. Those that fish here now will never want the rules changed back, trust me.

cheers

mikedel
19-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Bit selfish there Boomi Boy.
Last time at Lenthalls the only boat I saw doing more than 4 knots had a 6hp on the back so why penalize the vast majority of boat owners if it won't irradiate the problem.
Keen to hear what the stocking group has to say about this as I know myself and other law abiding anglers with 8hp+ outboards love fishing Lenthalls and have been ticking it off on our Stocked Impoundment Permits for years.

Feral
20-12-2006, 06:04 AM
I got a 12 tinny which we always take up to lenthalls and the other dams and we were looking forward to going to lenthalls this chrisse and now we cant because we have a 15hp and we dont have a electric. That has stuffed our holidays abit. We lov it there and now we cant fish there in our boat eventhough we abide by the speed limit. I hope the guys who have stuffed it for us are happy because we arnt :-[.
scoocer101

Why? cant you remove the number "1" from the mill?

bigdan123
21-12-2006, 07:46 PM
got a call today from wide bay water corp.. as i left a msg looking for info about closures and i'm told now that there is a security guard ..at the gate patrolling boats and not letting in any boats with motors exceeding 6 hp.. even if you do the 4 knots .. the told me a couple was almost run down the other day buy a boat.. so .. no more big motors.. he said gates will be up till march or later .. depending on when they finish and get a full time ranger to patrol boats...
i guess i won't be heading there now..

sadly true, went for a drive today and had a yarn to the security guard and caretaker about the whole situation.
anyone with a outboard larger than 6hp will be turned around and asked to leave, there is absolutely no camping at all
he also said that all regos will be recorded as they enter the dam area (boat and car).

tells me that too many people have pissed of Wide Bay Water
Wide Bay Water have spent loads of $ on signs as you see on pics

Dan

dam sign

bigdan123
21-12-2006, 07:47 PM
hwy sign

bigdan123
21-12-2006, 07:48 PM
2nd turn sign

mikedel
21-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Still wondering if the Fraser Coast Fish Stocking Assoc has an opinion on the strict 6hp rule.
Are they against it?
Are they fighting it?
Do they support it?
Are they 2 bob each way?
Not having a go at them, I'm just keen to know where they stand.

rayken1938
22-12-2006, 05:36 AM
See article in fishing column in todays courier mail so hopefully not too many people will be turned away.
Ray

bigdan123
22-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Still wondering if the Fraser Coast Fish Stocking Assoc has an opinion on the strict 6hp rule.
Are they against it?
Are they fighting it?
Do they support it?
Are they 2 bob each way?
Not having a go at them, I'm just keen to know where they stand.

It doesn't matter what our opinion is, its not going to change whats happened ;)

Dan

mikedel
22-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks Dan but what I was asking was as a group do they have a position on the situation? I would assume with all the hard work they have done over the years and the investment they have in this fishery they would at least have an opinion.

bigdan123
22-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks Dan but what I was asking was as a group do they have a position on the situation?

sorry wont be able to answer your Q till our next meeting in three weeks

my opinion is that it will give the fishery a bit of a relax for a while. ;D :D

Dan

Awoonga
22-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Did anyone contact Mr Leaver to get the story....well l did...nice bloke....This is only a short term thing its a work place health and safety site at the moment because of all the work they are doing Applications close today for a ranger {my moneys on Big Dan }....once thats in place he will be able to monitor things like camping...speed.... hoons.....so motor size wont be a issue...You do the wrong thing and you wont be coming back......simple.....4 knots will stay and so it should....As far as comps...no problem just write them a letter.......

bigdan123
22-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Did anyone contact Mr Leaver to get the story....well l did...nice bloke....This is only a short term thing its a work place health and safety site at the moment because of all the work they are doing Applications close today for a ranger {my moneys on Big Dan }....once thats in place he will be able to monitor things like camping...speed.... hoons.....so motor size wont be a issue...You do the wrong thing and you wont be coming back......simple.....4 knots will stay and so it should....As far as comps...no problem just write them a letter.......

g-day Trev merry x-mas to you :)

The dam area closure is temp till all the work is done out there, when will that be who knows wbw say about March April could be longer.
i carnt see it all done by then, wet season and all

ranger for me....don't think so....watching other people go fishing......don't think so ;) :D :D
as far as comps things are changing as-well in the future

Dan

ssab1
22-12-2006, 03:17 PM
rayken1938 dont think there are too many people that you could convince (other than yourself)to go out on 'W' in a storm.If per chance to do get caught by some SUDDEN unforecast weather change instead of trying to make HEADWAY try, running with the wind on your quarter or at whatever course she holds best, im sure youll make landfall ,its a lake.I fished"W" for years ,ist rowing my 11footer now flying with a 30lb lecky had no major weather problems,once between platypus and billies a breeze did speed up and dampen my trip home.Yes the lake does blowup but its not that fast that you wont get enough notice to make land be it a little damp,if you want to make the ramp at logans in a howling thats your judgement dont blame anybody and put your life jacket on,even with ample power some people get into trouble, but thats the nature of the beast.KEEP W PETROL FREE IM not a greenie or a boffin but a fisherman sick of idiots stuffing our playgrounds.Have a good day alex :-? :-* :-*

rayken1938
22-12-2006, 07:36 PM
ssab I am NOT talking about going out in a storm or even when a storm is forcast. We ( I hope) are all prudent when going out on big w when iffy weather is forecast. What I am speaking about is a sudden change that is NOT forecast. Have you ever had to spend a night on a lee shore wet and cold and 3ft waves breaking on the shore? You have to pull your boat up as high as possible to stop it being swamped and then the next morning unload the batteries etc so you can drag it back to the water. Plus most of the dam is out of mobile range and you are not even able to ring up and say I am sitting the weather out untill its safe to move.
My dam boat is a quintrex explorer and seaworthyness is not an issue but battery power is even though I have 2 X 120ah deep cycle batteries plus an 100 ah reserve coupled with a 55 lb minnkota.
A 4hp four stroke will only give me an extra knot or so but I would have the endurance to slug into a head wind and waves that you can never have with an electric.
This is not going to destroy the enviorament and shurely common sence should prevail when safety is involved.
IfI were out in a sailing boat and adverse weather sprung up I would be allowed to use a petrol motor to return to the ramp.
Ray

ssab1
23-12-2006, 11:50 AM
ray totally agree with you, summer storms on W, spent many nights redclawing in summer,fishing sucked too many catties,but i can hardly compare sheltering in the lee with a boating tradgey because of insufficient power,i have sheltered in the lee of morton with with a heap of other boats because a summer storm blewup(in a 18ft pride with a 115 on the back no canopy or hot tucker)uncomfortable YES life threating NO.Youll probably see that im very biased about petrol on W have seen to many areas stuffed by cowboys hellbent on speeding, I go fishing for the tranquillity with hopefully the occasional rush when the fish are on.put a hp limit on ??? why bother, more legislation,remember Frazer,Somerset,Leslie , Stradbroke,Upper Brissey River fished them all ,not anymore too many people in a hurry going nowhere or the place is closed or policed that much you may as well go fishing in the city.Lets slow down and smell the roses.cheers Alex :) :) ;)

Feral
24-12-2006, 12:44 PM
If you cant camp at lenthals, where is the nearest fisho friendly camping ground?

Allowing 4hp's would make a cheaper option that batteries and 'kota! particulary if you need a bow mount as well. It also makes it easier to meet your general safety obligation, IE juice for 1/3 out, 1/3 back and 1/3 reserve. Lot of batteries to cart on a big dam if you want to access the whole dam.

What makes it hard putting a hp limit on petrol motors, is that if your running a console, taking the big donk off is no minor activity! gotta disconnect all the controls etc, pull the heavy bugger off, put it back on, then reconnect everything.

ssab1
24-12-2006, 04:23 PM
spoton Feral, I carry 3deep cycle(110amp/hr)batterries and get approx8hrs slow trolling or 2.5hrs flat strap,have never had to use the 3rd,thats usually from logans to platypus.slow, but fishing all the way,youll be suprised where and what turns up on the sounder.Still know that the kota is the cheapest motor to run that I have ever owned.cheers alex

mitch_05
24-12-2006, 07:29 PM
If you cant camp at lenthals, where is the nearest fisho friendly camping ground?

not far from lenthalls there is an area called wongi waterholes. nice and close to lenthalls, can swim and it has toilets and i THINK showers, but do not qoute me on the showers. think a permit is needed but from memory these are not much from the national parks,

Feral
24-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Ta Mitch!

Yeah Ssab1 they are cheap to run, but expensive to buy!

If you pay retail for good batteries they are hundreds each, and the 'kota wont see much change out of about $700 for a bigun. Not to mention the battery chargers, they are a couple of hundred each as well. (or charger if you can wait 3 days to go again!)

Feral
25-12-2006, 08:57 AM
a 4hp four stroke is much less than 3 deep cycle batteries, a quality charger and a 55 lb riptide. then Inormally replace at least one battery every 2 years because I find that after 3 years even the best batteries are well down on capacity.
Ray

ssab1
25-12-2006, 10:14 AM
my batteries are 4yrs old cost 120 each(not retail...trade) charged immediately after use and held on autotrickle should give me a few years yet,but in saying that would love a small 4stroke but have already got a 6hp 2 stroke that i crab with,im not against petrol just gasoline jockeys.cheers alex :) ;)

lenthals_barra
25-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey mate, just thought i'de let you and everyone else know. I go fishing at lenthals every weekend, normally saturday and sunday. I have a 13ft tinny with a 18hp 2-stroke and I went to lenthals last weekend and I was allowed in. All the security gaurd did was ask what size motor it was, i said an 18 and all he did was got my name and my registration plate number just incase some one makes a complaint and he can tell who it was. So yeh, I dont know what some of these people are on about saying no-one with a motor over 6hp is allowed there. Maybe they are just trying to scare people off. I always do the 6 knots its just common curtisy and I hope everyone else does the same from now on anyway!

aussiebasser
26-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I always do the 6 knots its just common curtisy and I hope everyone else does the same from now on anyway!

I thought the speed restriction was 4 knots, not 6

Nelster
26-12-2006, 04:51 PM
lenthalls barra.. glad to see you can read .. the ban only started on the 18th.. so thats y you got in on that weekend.
cheers

lenthals_barra
27-12-2006, 07:53 AM
hey fellas i didnt really make myself clear when i said 'last weekend' i meant the weekend just gone. i know when the rule come in mate! the security gaurd has only been there since the rule came in. oh and the sign at the boatramp has always said 6 knots no wash. im not sure if they hav changed it to 4 knots? anyway im over it i know i can go there thats all i care about

WHITTO
27-12-2006, 05:40 PM
4 knots .....4 knots.....4 knots.......4 knots, Cheers Whitto

bigdan123
27-12-2006, 05:42 PM
hey fellas i didnt really make myself clear when i said 'last weekend' i meant the weekend just gone. i know when the rule come in mate! the security gaurd has only been there since the rule came in. oh and the sign at the boatramp has always said 6 knots no wash. im not sure if they hav changed it to 4 knots? anyway im over it i know i can go there thats all i care about

sorry mate the rule has been there all the time, its just been enforced now ;)

its been 4 knots and 6hp for a long time :) ;)

Dan

agent_orange
27-12-2006, 08:10 PM
i was there on boxing day and the guard had a look at my motor it a 6hp so i was fine but while i was there he turned a guy with a 20hp away he did not have a elec on the boat . but this is where it gets good when i got on the dam i sceen a boat with a 25 on it but he did have a elec motor on the front so i think if u have a elec motor on u have a better chance of getting on happy fishing

mitch_05
27-12-2006, 10:35 PM
The rule of 6hp and 4knts has been there for many years, however they were only really restricting the 4 knts limit. They were trusting people to do the right thing speed wise and as such let people with larger motors in and it is amzing the amount of people that ignored it. I camped there once for scouts doing canoeing/kayaking and while paddling there were numerous boats over the limit of 4 knts and they simply did not care. it wasn't as if they couldn't see the sign as i saw him reading it before launching :o

cammac
28-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Electrics must be less than 6hp eh !!! :o ::) ;D

bigdan123
30-12-2006, 09:41 AM
well well well here we go again people still don't get it >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
whats wrong with them do they want the whole dam closed to boating?

if anyone knows who this fool is let them know they are not welcome back and the photo will be sent to the appropriate authorities.

Dan

ssab1
30-12-2006, 09:53 AM
cammac bloody sure that electrics are under 6hp if you find one bigger on a rec boat that is viable give me a yell i ll surely consider getting one.cheers alex ;) ;)

Feral
31-12-2006, 10:57 AM
cammac bloody sure that electrics are under 6hp if you find one bigger on a rec boat that is viable give me a yell i ll surely consider getting one.cheers alex ;) ;)

Biggest electric currently available is a 2 horsepower thing that looks like a stern drive, and needs a gazillion amps to run it. Have only ever seen one on the US 'kota website.

Your standard 55lb thrust electric runs at about 3/4 a horsepower, depending on efficiency. Depending on your boats weight and draft, they will push you between 4 and 7 kph.

It is quite possible to exceed the speed limit with a 4 HP motor, particulary if on a little tinny, but generally no one in a little tinny has anything that tells them what speed they are doing, usually GPS and sounder systems are on bigger boats - better rule would be "no wash"

warrior
31-12-2006, 11:04 AM
just spent three days on the dam between 25th and 27th it was great to have a quiet place to fish ,i have an electric 74lb on a 4.5 bluefin and had no worries going right up to the top of the dam and back under 50 to 60% and that was in the rain and wind on 2days of the trip, i charged them as much as i could do each night, had a ball and caught heaps hope all have a great new year cheers AL ps looking forward to meeting a few of you local fishos as i will be living in the area soon.

Tropicaltrout
01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
So do they accept bigger motors or not?

Why stop people putting there boats on the water if they do the right thing no matter the size?
Here's A scenario
I like the idea of the silent eletric motors and use it well, but there are blokes who don't have them.
lets face it a nomall jo blow says he wants to go for a fish as he is going to borrow his dads old boat that sits there and never gets wet, he asks you were to go for a weekend with his son to catch a bass and a barra on a budget, you say lenthalls, you then say theres restrictions though no motors over 6 horse and no wash, he now can't go beause dads boats has a old 30 crysler on the back and thats that! the next chance he has is monduran budget broken!

If they break the rule no second chance! Just give the guys with out the big budget a chance of a barra or bass, that may not be able to afford the trip to the big barra dams and batteries, min kotas, they just got a tinny wether it a 2 horse on a thirty year old 40 johno it should no matter to many bloody cooks, I agree on the no wash policy, but cull the riff raff not the happy to be there fisho.
fishing should never be a hassel, I say ban the thugs but not the fisho who does the right thing, yes if one stuffs up we all cop it, we are not kids anymore. I just think it need more thought. bigdan has the idea most of us or nearly all of us carry camera take a photo.

thats my veiw i may be wrong, I am sure you fellas will sort me out if you don't agree.

Thanks TT

rayken1938
01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes its the irresponsible pricks who ruin it for everyone.
Reading between the lines do i take it if you have an electric or auxillary under the hp limit the security will leave you on.
If this is the case I have no hassels and Iam certain a lot of other fishos would be able to borrow a small outboard to fish the dam,
Certainly ban the irresponsible yobbos even going as far as the security having a data base with rego numbers of banned people.
Ray

lenthals_barra
04-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey im just a little curious on the water police that patrol the dam or who eva they r. they cruise around the dam flat out!! i know its there job and all but is this really fair?

bigdan123
04-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey im just a little curious on the water police that patrol the dam or who eva they r. they cruise around the dam flat out!! i know its there job and all but is this really fair?

police what police?
anyone with any brains would not speed on that lake full stop >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dan

oztrav
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
The reason why some guys are getting in and some arent with the same size motors or larger is the human factor (I think) they woulda picked some security guard that doesnt know about boats gave him a fact sheet and let him loose.

You think security guards actuallly wanna work thats why people became security guards. Was he in the sahade or an airconditioned gate house.

You would have a better chance on the weekends and public holidays cause they are days that manager and officials have off for the most part. Also if your older summons up images of responsibility and stuff

lenthals_barra
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
The security gaurd dude doesn't know a thing about boats lol. my mate goes there with just an electric n no outboard on his boat n the security gaurd wasnt gunna let him in coz my mate didnt know how many horsepower his electric was hahaha. he ended up getting in.

and yeh bigdan im pretty sure it is the hervey bay water police, the boat has "patrol" on the side of it and they wear blue overalls n badges on their shoulders. im sure its the water police ay. they r the people that check everyone for their stocked impoundment permits i really think they shouldnt be speeding around flat out when they r supposed to be enforcing the 4 kts rule. they should b setting an example.

Big_unit
06-01-2007, 02:37 AM
QBFP does not and can not enforce the council by-laws which are the speed, camping arrangements & motor horse power limits. Its up to WBW to enforce thier own by-laws which they have imposed. A Ranger will be in place at Lenthalls soon, and the Ranger will enforce WBW's regulations.

QBFP are monitoring & enforcing vessel regulations such as safety gear, registration's and also fishing regulations such as SIP's, size & bag limits.

Cheers
James

oscar64
06-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi All

There seems to be so much conjecture about who can and who cant fish on the dam. Until we all get a clear direction from WBW, we should all just relax, wait and ride the wave . Otherwise we could potentially get everyone locked out. ( IMHO)

I dont think we need to be making stupid comments about the guys on the gate either. They are just doing their job, stop and think if you would like to be sitting out in the sun all day telling people they cant fish.

For those few who have thought it was their right to get onto the dam another way and camp by the shores, you are all idiots and are just hammering the nail in further. Its wankers like you that spoil magnificent places like Lenthalls for the rest of us who do the right thing.

Dont be so bloody selfish!

Until such time as we get a clearer idea I suggest EVERYONE just calm down and wait and see what WBW decide, if you dont want the hassle then go fish somewhere else.

This is a water supply, we have half of what we had, its only another stroke from a pen and we may loose it all.
And I'm sure most of us DON"T want that.

Pete

WHITTO
06-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Hear! Hear! Pete, Agree with your comments entirely,If you abide by the signage you have nothing too worry about, Go and enjoy yourselfs and do the right thing, Cheers Whitto :D :D

Big_unit
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Oscar that is the most sensible thing Ive heard, top stuff. ;) ;) :)

I dont think being a photo cop is the right thing to do either. :-X :o

bigdan123
06-01-2007, 01:42 PM

some responsible locals are working together with WBW to take photos of people doing the wrong thing ie camping, speeding and trespassing.

personally I'm sick and tied of the idiots who stuff it up for the genuine fishos, so myself and several others are lending a hand to protect what we have.

Dan

Big_unit
06-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I still reckon your putting yourself into a bad position Dan.

What are you going to do when one of those bloody idiots comes at you and shoves that camera where the sun dont shine ?

I reckon your better off leaving it to the proper authorities ( thats what they are paid for ) to deal with them, you know me and I dont back down in a fight but I just dont see the point of having one of those tossers do something to you, maybe when your back is turned or your guard isnt up.

Not to mention the other types of people who will treat you as a informant = DOG / NARK.

Im sick of idiots too as you are well aware.

bigdan123
06-01-2007, 03:15 PM
james
WBW has not got the resources until the ranger commences employment later in the year

your comment "sun dont shine" :) i would like to see that

james you and i both believe in the same thing "protect our waterways"

im out there doing something about it because if nothings done we might not be able to fish at lenthalls dam at all :(

the dam is about water to WBW not fish or anything else if it becomes to hard for them they can shut it down full stop.

so to me its stop these idiots before it gets that far :(

Dan

TonyM
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I think Oscar has hit the nail on the head.

Don't slag off the guys doing their job at the gate, it's not their fault the restrictions came into play

I also agree that no-one should assume they have more rights than everyone else and try smart arse ways to work around the restrictions - this can only add more fuel to the fire. >:(

ted_bear
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I agree that all should be done to discourage bad behaviour at Lenthall's. If it becomes unmanageable for WBW they will just shut it down for all of us.

dasher
06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Oscar that is the most sensible thing Ive heard, top stuff. #;) ;) :)

I dont think being a photo cop is the right thing to do either. #:-X :o

James you surprise me mate???? You are always advocating reporting illegal fishing activities but you are now saying don't take photo's. How the hell can any authority get a conviction without proof.????

Big_unit
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM

James you surprise me mate???? You are always advocating reporting illegal fishing activities but you are now saying don't take photo's. How the hell can any authority get a conviction without proof.????

Look Daryl without getting right into the legalities of evidence submissions for a prosecution case, I just think that its best to let the proper authorities do thier job. After all thats the best avenue for dealing with offenders without putting yourself into a predicament you may not be able to handle.

Feral
07-01-2007, 04:29 AM
QBFP are monitoring & enforcing vessel regulations such as safety gear, registration's and also fishing regulations such as SIP's, size & bag limits.

Cheers
James

Interesting situation isn't it. if your running a 4hp or less your rig does not have to be registered, which means legally your not required to carry any safety gear. (although you'd be a mug not to).

But if normally run a bigger donk, but have done the right thing and put a small un on for the trip, but left a jacket behind, because you still have rego label and letters on boat you can get pinged, while the bloke next to you with exactly the same boat and lack of gear can not.

How fast can you peel off the labels eh?