PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Samsonvale Sail Club?

blue-mako
13-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys.

Me and a mate are trying to figgure out where the Lake Samsonvale Sail Club is? I tried Googling it but only came up with the L.S.W.S.A. (Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Association) which is on the North Pine River and I'm pretty sure it's not the same Club. I'm heading out tommorow morning so any help would be great.

Cheers, Troy

SWANY22
13-01-2007, 09:14 PM
troy not to sure but i think ther all the same club as i think they are the only ones allowed on the water now .i know when you could fish there with a boat and you went as far as you were allowed me and the boy went a bit further.and you could see the club across the river.rember guy tellig me that was the sailng club.

BrandonH
13-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Yep you will get your ar@e kicked if caught around there... They race sundays ;) Do you know Forgans cove? well turn right outa the car park, then righ again on the main drag... about 10 clicks ahead is the driveway on the right (dirt track with gate in a bit). its at least another 3-5k in to the dam from here. maybe you can find a place along that road you can access the dam from.. this is also not allowed but safer then walking in to the sail club!!!

Cheers
Brandon...

robyoung1
13-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Just what the hell is it with the pine rivers dam people to be so bloody minded about no boats, no access bla bla bla.. I mean hell, cows shit in it don't they? Other dams for human supply have more leniency than these blokes.

I know the sail club has some lease I guess, structures they're concerned about, probably boats stored up there..and so "private property" laws come into play there. but I just mean the overall attitude on the whole dam. Bugger all access, more rules than a Israelie on a saturday, and an overal feeling of "someone's gonna get ya" at every turn.

I wish they'd take a pill or somthing.

rob

Feral
14-01-2007, 06:24 AM
You think thats tough, try fishing Leslie Harrison!

North Pine has lot more access than it did when I was a kid, I remember having a cockatoo in place that used to spot the "dam nazi's" coming so we could all scarper into the bush and hide when we used to bank fish when I was a kid! Otherwise it was names and addresses, and threats of calling police!

Just_chips
14-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I have no idea why there is different rules for different dams. I think Samsonvale is managed by the same department that looks after Somerset and Wivenhoe which is or was (not sure if it still the same) South-East Queensland Water Board. Somereset flows into Wivenhoe, no petrol powered boats allowed on Wivenhoe but they are at Somereset :-? Maybe if rules are so tight on Samsonvale and this sailing club is given access and they are seen to be doing the wrong thing (you are on their property so obviously it is a sailing club member) then they may lose their benefits. I think also that North Pines close proximity to a big popultion base means that they the authorities are tougher on people by not giving them a chance to do the wrong thing in the first place.

Kev