PDA

View Full Version : fishing nepean catchment area NSW

eddyfish
14-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Is there any body in the wilton douglas park area NSW who can point me in some sort of direction as to where to fish in this area as i'm new to the region and havent alot of native fishing experience . Im origenally from bulli where i've been very succesful for 20 years or more with species such as bream drummer jewies etc any advice would help cheers

shayned
15-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Mate, welcome. The area you are talking about can produce some very good bass, fishing is restricted by the level of weed which slows or stops access to some better fishing areas. From douglass park look at heading down stream of the highway bridge. Work the deeper shaded areas for best results. Small yabbies hooked to the underside of the tail and no weight are the gun bait followed by "piss worms" or scrubbies whatever you call them as a close second. Can't give any more info than that without giving away someone elses secrets and hard work. All i can say is if you crack it its worth the effort. I'll wait for the photos. best of luck.

eddyfish
16-01-2007, 09:50 AM
thanks shayned some good tips. i went for a throw there yesterday down stream using plastics managed to get 2 good size bass to follow but no hit any way u recken u can tell me the way to get these baits u told me .I was thinking of trying earth worms i've never tried to find these worms u were talking about cheers edd.

shayned
16-01-2007, 11:32 AM
If you know the snag lay out and can afford them try chucking a jackall lure in the same spot for the bass. as to the other gear I'll send a pm. Glad you did ok. From what I'm told keeping them for eating out of there isn't the done thing. Not good for the fishery and apparently not good for you either.