PDA

View Full Version : Severn River - Flowing?

hellfish
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Heading out that way in a week or 2. Just wonderin if anyones been out there recently & if theres any water flow below Pindari?

cheers, rhys

way_out_bush
10-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Rhys, They have been letting water out of pindari for a few weeks now. I think 700 to 1000 megs per day.

Regards, Mick

tim_becker
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
how ya goin i was out at riverton on the dumeresk over chrissy and it was flowing well water temp was about 18 deg fish wernt bitting much during the day but from about 4 till after dark was quite good

cheers tim

rossco
10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Just back from Glenlyon dam , they were releasing water from Glenlyon & Pindari, they cut the flow right back monday at Glenlyon dam so may have done the same at Pindari.
cheers rossco

hellfish
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks all. Those rivers out there are something special. Can't wait 2 get out there!

Rhys.

tim_becker
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
not wrong there Rhys. i love the place cant wait to get out there agian i think a few mates are going in mid feb for a boys weekend should be awsome. I think were goin pig shootin aswell but i cant wait to get another cod or two

Tim

caveman
13-01-2007, 12:01 AM
just got back from fishing both rivers not a bloody fish did get to touches in the seven below ashford, i ended up at jimarge pay to fish place, and landed 10 this morning

Lino
13-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi caveman,i fish the property above jimargy but havnt been there lately. :(Is the river flowing up there ,have caught some nice fish there hoping to get back soon. :)

hellfish
13-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Where do u get the pigs? #Never seen any pigs out there but last time I was there in late November i recon we saw nearly 200 goats in 3 days, bloody things were all over the place. They seemed 2 hang round in little flocks of about 5-15 with 1 or more big males that were sometimes a bit #aggressive (until u throw a big rock at em #;D) they must have been in breeding mode or something? #Dose anyone hunt the goats or what? They seem very uncontrolled.

Gator
13-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Brian Dare reports Algal Bloom problem at Pindari on the radio this morning!

scott_b
13-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Dose anyone hunt the goats or what? They seem very uncontrolled.
The locals round them up with sheepdogs and sell them by the semi load.
wamjam

LOUIE
16-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Fishos

Mammoth algae problems exist at Pindari, low water temperatures are killing the algae as soon as it blooms resulting in a yellow scum forming on the water surface. Large releases lowering the dam level are resulting in black siltation being released from the dam bottom.

Not sure what all this means when a guy lands a 1 metre cod pior to New Year and I fish for 2 days and dont see a scale.

Severn below Ashford should be fine with flows in excess 1Ml being released, water temps may be low as all releases will be from the old offtake infrastructure as the new offtake tower will be out of water by now.

Louie :o

lav737
23-01-2007, 01:35 PM
hey all. I live in Ashford and I went and had a look at the dam 2 days ago. I wouldn't go fishing in the actual dam but it will be ok to go downstream from it. The dam is really low and they have to use the bottom pipe to drain the water. So it isn't taking any of the algae off the top into the river. Just a couple of weeks ago a big Cod was caught. It took an hour and a half to land it and it was about 1.33 metres long.
Bye

caveman
23-01-2007, 08:08 PM
lav737 i hope they took it and ate it as it would have more then likely died after a fight taking that long

hellfish
27-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi all, Just got back yesterday. Ended up spending 3days out there, 2days fishing, 1day just lookin round. Caught 6 cod, 5 about 60cm & 1 smaller about 45 , all caught on hard bodz down stream from the dam in fast flowing water. Lav737 u aint kidding the dam is realy low. Afew boats still on the water though.
I'll try post some pics ??

Cheers, Rhys