PDA

View Full Version : Like to collect recipes of whitings

favourite_whiting
18-07-2006, 08:47 AM
:) Hello everyone, :)
Can you send me any different kinds of recipes of whiting that I would like to collect it
for our family.
Many Thanks,
HAPPY FISHING,
Hobbywhiting. :D

Noelm
19-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I think good quality whiting should not be "fooled around" with and a simple dust of flour on the fillets and a quick fry in nice HOT oil is about as good as it gets, a bit of fresh salad, maybe a few chips MMMMM, but you could use Whiting for any number of recipes but sort of seem like a waste to me.

young_mind
19-07-2006, 08:27 PM
:) 8-) WELCOME new member
#[smiley=chef.gif]All I do is to get it fillets
#bowl flour
Other bowl that has water or milk beated with egg
Plate of bread crumbs,

fillets to be dust with flour then next to egg mixture and last to bread crumbs and then put in fridge for 10 mins #then fry till fillet is float then serve with homemade chips and salad yepppeeee :P kids love it #;) last time you got one whiting wont be enough with 4 kids and john #;D ;D :-X ::)

favourite_whiting
19-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi young_mind and family :)
How are you all? We all are doing great, thanks 8-)
Yes thats what I usually doing often.
All I would like something more interesting of different recipes of whitings.
Happy Life of Fishing,
Hobbywhiting ;D :P

favourite_whiting
19-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi all,
Good memories of 2004
Happy Life of Fishing,
Hobbywhiting

Got_the_Fever
20-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I make a seasoned flour that I use for most fish that I catch. Plain flour, freshly ground black pepper, chicken stock, a touch of mild curry powder. I then just swallow fry then. This flour works great with flathead. I cooked some up a couple of weeks ago and i must say it was the best I have done in years. The Mrs loved them and wants me to go and catch some more so I can cook them for her again.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Bundy_Burp
20-07-2006, 10:14 AM
My favourite way of cooking fish is to marinade it and then cook
1. mix up some ginger, lemon rind, lemongrass, olive oil and seasoning in a pestle and mortar to a paste
2. spread it all over the fish and leave for a few mins
3. Wrap up the fish in tin foil parcels and bake at c. 180 degress for about 20 mins.

The fish will cook in its own juices and I find you don't need a sauce when its cooked this way.
I want my dinner now! ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-07-2006, 07:32 PM
turn on the grill under the stove with the sliding tray in so it (the tray) gets hot

on the bench layout some alfoil of the same size as the grill tray & spray with no-stick oil

lay the whiting fillets on skin down

brush with melted butter

sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs, parsley, ground pepper & salt

put the foil and fillets on the now hot grill tray & slide back under to cook for 2 mins

eat yaself stupid.

The hot tray cooks them from below the grill element from above. Its quick & simple uses less fat than frying and is just delicious.

This is my rip-off of the Clayfield markets fish shop version which is the best takeaway whiting available way from the coast.