PDA

View Full Version : Tandoori Tuna

sunny
20-08-2006, 04:09 PM
If you like food with a bit of a bite, this work really well with firmer, strongly flavoured fish like tuna. #It even works well with Mack Tuna ;)

The recipe:

For dusting
Flour
Chilli powder
salt

For cooking
Oil
500g tuna steak
200ml tandoori paste
250ml natural thick set yoghurt

Fresh tuna is the best for this dish, but bonito and tailor work just as well. #Choose fresh firm fish that has lots of colour in it. Today's pictures are from the mack tuna I caught yesterday.

sunny
20-08-2006, 04:24 PM
For the dusting mix, combine the flour with chilli powder and salt to taste. I like mine quite hot, so I use about a teaspoon of chilli powder to every two tablespoons of flour.

Pat the tuna steaks dry with a paper towel and cut them into bite sized chunks. You don't want the tuna too damp at this stage. Coat these chunks with the dusting mix.

sunny
20-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Mix the yoghurt and tandoori paste together until you get a good smooth techno pink paste. :P

Use a big frying pan and cover the base with a thin layer of oil. This should be just enough oil to be absorbed by the flour on the fish. Fry the fish at a medium heat for about 5min giving it a stir every now and then.

Once the fish has browned add the tandoori mixture and stir it through so that the fish is coated. Keep on cooking for another minute or two until the sauce has cooked into the fish a bit.

sunny
20-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Serve it up with rice and lots of your favourite cold beverage. #You're going to need it ;) #

It also goes well with salads if you want a lighter meal. #We had this lot for lunch.

Roo
21-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm gonna try this one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Fishin_Dan
23-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I hope you wiped up that sauce spill off Annalie's stove!!! ;D